The Blindfolded Dragon

I stared at the rocky mountain in front of us. A large building and passageways are built into it. It's pretty impressive. No one would expect it, and it's pretty dreary and misty up here.

No one would think there's a village here. "I didn't think there'd be an inhabited village here." Hak noted, staring at the makeshift building. "It's pretty smart though." And a bit creepy.

The whole atmosphere here makes my body go on alert. "I know! It just looks like Rocky Mountains from afar. There was a story Ik-Soo told me, where villagers escaping from a war hid in the mountains." Yoon said.

I've heard of that. "Are you sure Kija?" Yona questioned, looking at our Dragon. "Yes, the Blue Dragon is here." Finally.

Man I really hope the others aren't this hard to find. "Well? Let's go get us a Blue Dragon." I said, heading towards the large building.

"Yes~!" Yona called as she and the others followed after me.

We entered the building and it's as dreary as it is outside. Only torches provided light. In the center of the open space are five giant pits with large fires in them.

There are many holes in the rock, which are passages leading elsewhere. There are rope lines with blankets and little cloths hanging on them strewn across the room.

It looks empty, but I can sense a large amount of people here.

The blankets covering the passages moved and people exited, essentially surrounding us. Some wore masks that covered their faces, others didn't, but they certainly didn't feel welcoming.

I grabbed my spear and unhooked it, keeping it in front of me. Yona and Yoon quickly ran to my sides, grabbing my shirt tightly as the boys got in stance, prepared to fend off any attackers.

The people moved out of the way as an older man walked over with a cane, a man and woman close behind him.

"Who are you?" He questioned us. Hm, who are we? How should we answer that? Oh, this is Princess Yona, the one who is supposedly dead and is apparently the master of the Four Dragons. Yeah, that isn't necessarily the best start.

But beating around the bush isn't really the best either.

Kija stepped up. "Bring forth the Blue Dragon!" I sweat dropped. Well, that's one way to go about it I suppose.

"That's too direct." Yoon deadpanned. Well, that's Kija alright. "Blue Dragon?" He exchanged looks with the two behind him.

"There is nobody here with that name." He said, turning back to us. I watched them carefully. Liar. He's definitely here.

Kija senses him and I could see it in their eyes. "It is not a name. He is the one with the Dragon's blood. There is no need to hide him. Just tell him that she is waiting." He gestured to Yona.

They stared at her a bit, noting her brilliant red hair. But they kept a mask over their emotions.

"I don't understand what you're talking about. Perhaps you mistake us for another village. This is just a small settlement without much. We don't want any trouble." Hm. I see.

I looked around to see kids peeking at us through the passage ways. Now, now. This village is definitely lying to us. "However-"

"We're sorry. We're trying to find someone, but I guess he isn't here." Yona interrupted. Kija looked down, a little hurt and saddened she said that.

"But we're tired from the long journey and we have two injured people." She kept an innocent face and gestured to Hak and I.

Hak opened his robe to reveal the bandages and I turned, pulling my shirt up enough so they could see mine as well.