To a New Land

I stared at the map over Yoon's shoulder, a frown on my face. "Um, according to Kija's directions, the Green Dragon is in this area." Yoon spoke. Kija nodded in agreement.

My frown only deepened. "If we keep going we'll walk into the capital of Saika and Hiryuu Castle. That's worse then Fire Tribe territory." I sighed, rubbing my head.

Yona looked down, knowing that we can't possibly take this route. "Yeah. Let's go the long way around along the mountains and check the Green Dragon's location." Yoon suggested.

I sighed. Man, this is troublesome. But it's the only way. Hak, Yona, and I exchanged looks before nodding in agreement.

We began to head the longer way around. My mind drifted to the remaining two Dragons.

The White Dragon has the claw of a Dragon that can destroy anything it cuts through. The Blue Dragon has the eyes of a Dragon that can see far and wide. The Green Dragon has the leg of a Dragon that can soar through the skies. The Yellow Dragon has an invulnerable body.

All put together is the equal strength of a Dragon. Or so it would seem.

Yoon sent Shin-Ah up into a tree to check up ahead for anybody. "Shin-Ah, is anybody around?" Yona called up after a bit. Shin-Ah hopped down in front of us with ease and shook his head.

Yoon smiled at that. "No? Then let's go." He walked ahead, leading us with the trusty map in hand.

As we walked, I looked around to see an unusual field of flowers growing. That's Salvia. You don't see much of those around these parts.

"The long distance vision is nice. It's easy to find low-traffic roads." Yoon said. He's been in a good mood since Shin-Ah came. This way we can avoid too many people or troops.

I mean we're good at sensing people, but Shin-Ah can spot them miles and miles away.

I glanced back. I stood in front with Yoon, behind us is Kija and Shin-Ah, and behind them are Yona and Hak.

My gaze wondered to the two Dragons. A few days ago, on the night we retrieved the Blue Dragon, Yona gave him the name Shin-Ah, meaning moonlight. It really does suit him well.

And ever since his arrival, Kija's warmed up quite a bit and has become less tense. I suppose he was nervous without even noticing it.

Kija is speaking very happily to Shin-Ah about the Four Dragon's. The two hit it off well.

Ah. A village is up ahead. We need to pass through it. As we entered, I pursed my lips, familiar with villages like this.

The buildings were torn, and people lay about the street, dirty, injured, and sick. Kija covered his mouth and nose, unable to handle the stench. "This is . . ." Yona trailed, mortified.

Well, I guess I couldn't really hide something like this from her. Not with what has all happened and all.

"A village abandoned by the generals and the king." Yoon informed her, staring at the place with familiar eyes.

Yona tenses, eyes going wide as she kept her gaze downwards.

"Around here, crops haven't grown for years, and there's no water. The men were probably all taken to the capital as soldiers. With disease spreading, those without the strength to move elsewhere have no choice but to die here." Yoon spoke, eyes wandering around the place.

But my eyes remained trained on Yona, who is by my side now. She closed her eyes and looked down. "How awful." Her voice wavered, laced with pain of seeing a place like this.