Chain of Courage

"Human trafficking?" Yona seemed a bit befuddled by my claim. "Yes. Mainly women and children. He's been doing it for quite some time now. Fat bastard." I grumbled, shaking my head.

Hak stood from his position on the floor "Wait, how come I never heard about this?" He demanded of me. I pursed my lips tightly.

Wearily glancing at the pirates I turned my gaze back to him. "I was ordered not to spread claims without any proof." I shrugged, telling him part of it.

Yoon shook his head, trying to comprehend our words. "Slavery is banned in this kingdom." He stated, like we didn't know.

"That's not their only goal. With the manpower he gathered, he's going to make sure he'll crush us pirates to end this long battle." I didn't hear much about pirates when I was here last time.

In fact, I hadn't heard of them at all. I was only on some business and overheard the talking of the towns people and officers about the human trafficking.

Of course I didn't get any proof before I was sent back to the castle. And because of certain events my position to visit other villages and such was passed onto someone else, so I couldn't go back.

"Let's strike first!" A pirate spoke, wanting to take out the despicable villain.

"Don't get ahead of yourselves. If we start a fight at the port, the residents will be in harms way. So we're going to attack Kum-Ji's ship on the waters between Kai Empire and Awa, where I bet the deal will go down."

She tapped her pipe on the drawn out map, where the attack will commence. "The question is exactly when it goes down and which ship the girls are on." Jae-Ha spoke.

Hm, that's true. There will be lots of ships, and the one with the girls isn't going to look any different then the rest.

"Right. Most likely, Kum-Ji will use the girls as hostages so we can't start attacking blindly. I wonder if we can somehow secure the girls safety." Gi-Gan voice.

This isn't so simple. "But if it's important business, chances of Kum-Ji being there are high, right? Wouldn't it be fastest if we find the leader and tie him up?" A younger pirate asked.

True enough. Easier said then done though. "Right! Besides, this time we have real tough allies on our side!" Another one exclaimed, looking over at our group.

Gi-Gan smacked her pipe on a box, ridding the ash and residue in it. "Either way, we need a little more information."

She dug in her shawl and pulled out a knife. "This is a great opportunity for us as well. We'll crush Yang Kum-Ji and the officers who've spent over ten years oppressing the people of Awa and wrecking this town and win back our freedom."

She unsheathed the blade and struck the place on the map where the battle would commence.

She held her head up, her brown eyes showing such strong and powerful spirit. "This time, I'll also take up a sword. Follow me till the end, brats!"

The pirates cheered in agreement with their boss. I stared at the old woman for a bit. She is a strong and fierce leader, defiantly a force to be reckon with.

If I wasn't Son Kiriya in the past, I would have followed her gladly. A strong leader, who cares deeply about her crew, and whose crew cherishes her, now that's a strong little army.

So for Yona, and for their sake, I will take out anyone who steps in their way.

~

"Wha!" A pirate shouted as he fell to the ground. I sighed, placing my hands on my hips and shaking my head.