Like a Dream

"All I'm saying is that those persistent troops remind me of someone. I just can't remember who." I stated, sitting atop a low branch of a tree.

We decided to stay in Katan until Shin-Ah healed. Not to mention to try and help out with things around here.

The village certainly needed it, and that's kind of what we do now.

But lately, a group of Fire Tribe soldiers keep on coming here. They're very persistent. But it's not like they're after us. At least not specifically. I don't know exactly, but the way Jae-Ha and Kija explain it, it's awfully strange.

Hak sighed from below, shaking his head at me. "If you can't remember, the person probably wasn't important." He retaliated. Hm.

I'm not quite sure if that's all true. Apart of me believes it to be 100% accurate. But another part of me is saying the person is. A little.

But who is it again? "Ahg! I can't remember!" I pouted.

Bored, I hooked my legs on the branch and swung my body over to hang upside down. I glanced down to see Hak who appears to be upside down, roll his eyes.

Before he could say anything, the sound of rustling could be heard. Hm? "Oh! A fire?!"

A man popped up and immediately crouched by the fire, tossing his bag beside him. "Whew! That's heavy." He said, holding his hands above the warmth the flames provided.

His long light taupe hair is left down completely, and he has bags under his brown eyes. His face is a bit sunken in. He looks kind of broken, but the fire seemed to have cheered him up, just a little bit.

But his sudden appearance isn't what surprised me. No. It's the person.

Tae-Jun?

"Oooh?" Hak and I spoke, simultaneously. He began to turn his head in our direction. "I thought I was going to freeze to death . . ." He stopped, staring at us with an odd expression.

Hak remained in his spot, staring at him, hands behind his head as he leaned back on the tree.

.

.

.

". . . Is this . . . your campfire? I am going to use it for a bit." He said. Hm. It seems he can't quite comprehend the situation. Well, he was always like that. Give it a minute, he'll react.

". . .Yeah. I don't really care." Hak said, knowing as well as I do we gotta give him a minute for his brain to catch up with reality. "Go ahead." I encouraged, nodding my head. "Is that so? Well then."

He went back to warming his hands, still having that weird expression.

Five seconds he turned to us again, eyes as wide as they go, jaw nearly hitting the floor. "Oh. He got it." I stated, watching his extreme reaction.

Well in his defense, the last time he saw us we kinda fell/jumped off a cliff down to imminent death below.

He looked away, probably telling himself he is seeing wrong, before glancing back, only to pale and make an even weirder face of shock. "You always did show a strange form of emotions. Although I suppose that's just how you are." I noted, still upside down.

Hak nodded, a smirk slipping onto his face. "What's wrong? You're shaking. Stay awhile. I'm not sure why you're here but, you're not used to camping outside right?"

At that, I smirked. "Young master." I finished.

He began sweating profusely. Yep. It all makes sense. That kind of stupid return tactic no matter how ridiculous and futile it is. That's got Tae-Jun written all over it.