dangerous liaisons

RIVER grinned through the darkness, watching as Elena began to reverse in her car, quickly stopping as she hit something, her car bumping. The girl exited her car, checking for any damage only to find none, instead turning to see Rebekah behind her.

"Drive much?" Rebekah questioned.

"Rebekah" Elena gasped.

Rebekah pushed Elena against her car, the human filling with fear.

"Surprised?" Rebekah wondered "You drove a dagger through my back, Elena, it hurt"

Rebekah lunged at the girl, fangs bared as she prepared to bite her. The moment was cut short by Elijah appearing, forcing Rebekah against the car by her throat.

"Elijah" Rebekah sighed, River rolling his eyes.

"Leave" Elijah ordered, releasing Rebekah before looking into the darkness, specifically to where River stood "Both of you"

Elena gasped as River stepped into the light, a smirk on his face.

"River?" Elena sounded scared and betrayed.

Rebekah stepped towards her brother.

"Are you challenging me?" Elijah raised an eyebrow.

"You're pathetic" Rebekah spat "Both of you"

The blonde moved towards River, the witch wrapping an arm around her shoulder, the vampire copying around River's waist, the pair of them moving into the night.

-

River grinned from his place on the couch at the diva-like Original family around him, Finn was to his left, being fitted by a tailor for his tuxedo to the ever-so dramatic ball that Esther was throwing, Rebekah was sat beside him, having her nails manicured as Kol tried on his tuxedo, his tailor kneeling behind him, making sure the measurements were correct and Elijah stood behind the couch, inspecting his shoes.

"Rebekah?" Kol smirked at his reflection in the mirror "Tell me how handsome I am"

"Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled" Rebekah retorted.

"You look hot" River grinned as he moved past the Original, towards the table holding the whisky.

Finn grinned at his siblings interaction with the boy, the door slamming open as Klaus stormed in, pressing River against the wall, a hand to his throat, glaring between him and Rebekah.

"You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!" Klaus questioned.

"Kinky" River murmured with a smirk.

"Here we go" Rebekah grinned.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Klaus threatened.

"Again with the dagger threats?" Kol sighed "Don't you have any other tricks?"

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself" Klaus sent Kol a look of distaste.

"And who are you, my father?" Kol wondered.

"No, Kol, but you're in my house" Klaus informed.