by the light of the moon

RIVER leaned against the tomb entrance, Damon stood next to him as they finished explaining their morning to Stefan.

"You trapped her in the house?" Stefan questioned.

"It's for the best" Damon replied "Trust me"

"Elena is on a martyr tear that rivals your greatest hits" River added with a grin.

"You should be glad the the other witch and I are even getting along" Damon added "We brought you this"

River handed Stefan a bag.

"Care package" River spoke "Candles, lanterns, and...lunch"

"More specifically, our very own River's deliciously sweet blood" Damon specified, both his and Stefan's mouths salivating at the thought.

"I'm just so tasty" River winked at the vampires.

"Give that to me and I'm just gonna have to share it with her" Stefan explained, each of them turning to see Katherine stood a few feet away from Stefan.

"Yeah" Damon sighed.

"You three are surprisingly calm" Katherine smirked "Considering Klaus will hunt you down and kill you if you mess with his little plan"

"They've been dead before" River smirked "They'll get over it"

"Once we deal with this moonstone, we'll figure a way to get you out" Damon spoke.

"Don't worry about me" Stefan instructed "Just make sure Elena's safe"

River and Damon exchanged a glance, looking between the vampires stuck in the tomb.

-

River smiled as he entered the Gilbert household, Damon slamming the door behind himself.

"You should really lock your door" Damon spoke.

River took one look at Elena's glowering face and smirked.

"Oh, come on, pouty" River teased as he perched on the edge of the couch "At least give us two points for ingenuity"

"Do you think this is funny?" Elena fumed.

"Yes, Elena" River was sarcastic "We find hilarity in the lengths that we have to go to repeatedly save your life"

"What does Stefan say about this?" Elena questioned.

"We had a good laugh" Damon sighed sarcastically.

"And what did he say about Elijah still being alive?" She asked.

"Yeah, that...we didn't tell him" River spoke.

"Why not?" Elena wondered.

"Well, A, he can't do anything about it" Damon began "And B, what I just said"

Jeremy entered the living room, sitting beside his sister.