the house guest

RIVER sat on the couch, Damon sat opposite, the pair of them reading through Jonathan Gilbert's journals.

"Good morning, Damon, River" Katherine spoke, posing as Elena.

"Katherine" River greeted with a sigh, recognising the vampire straight away.

Damon sped at the girl pinning her against the wall by her throat.

"What are you doing here?" Damon asked "I told you to leave"

"What is your problem?" Katherine acted.

"Wearing her clothes?" River scoffed "Like that's gonna work"

"You think I'm Katherine?" Katherine asked "Why would you think that? Katherine's in the tomb! Isn't she?"

Stefan moved into the room as Damon released her.

"What the hell's going on here?" Stefan questioned.

"I don't know, you tell me" Katherine continued "Is Katherine in the tomb or not?"

Stefan quickly sped upstairs, pressing Elena against the wall by her throat.

"What are you doing?!" Elena asked.

"How could you do this?!" Stefan questioned.

"Stefan, you're hurting me!" Elena cried.

"Stefan stop!" River entered the room.

"Stop it Katherine!" Stefan called.

"Stop what?" Katherine smirked form the doorway "It's getting really easy being you"

-

River perched on the end of Stefan's bed.

"What is she doing here?" Elena asked.

"When we killed Elijah it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb" River explained.

"How's that possible?" Stefan wondered.

"He's an Original" Katherine stated "They have all sorts of special skills"

"I don't want you here" Elena called "Get her out of here"

"You need me, Elena" Katherine spoke "You all do"

"Like hell" Stefan scoffed.

"We all want the same thing...Klaus dead" Katherine replied "Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off"

"I don't need your help and I don't want it!" Elena hissed.

"And that's incredibly stupid of you" Katherine retorted "Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming? What he looks like?"

"If you know something say it or get out" Damon sighed.

"Fine" Katherine stropped "Then I'll just go to the Grill and have some lunch...maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite"