the dinner party

RIVER sat at the Grill, Damon to his left with Andie Star sat almost atop him, Alaric bitching about a certain Original as usual.

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon questioned.

"No, it was boring" Alaric scowled "Of course Jenna thinks he's charming"

"You sound jealous" River smirked turning to Andie "Jealous?"

"So jealous" Andie agreed.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here" Alaric glanced towards the journalist.

"Andie, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets" Damon smirked at the girl "Haven't you?"

Andie agreed, smiling and kissing Damon slowly.

"My lips are sealed" Andie smirked.

"This is too weird" Alaric side-eyed the pair, River rolling his eyes.

"We just need the right opportunity" River spoke smirking as he watched Jenna and Elijah enter the Grill together "Ah, there's Jenna with her new boyfriend"

"Hey guys" Jenna approached wrapping her arm around River "And child"

"Ouch" River grinned at the woman.

"So, I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today" Damon began.

"Yeah" Jenna smiled "I guess you could say that"

"Well, as much as I'd like this to continue, I've got papers to grade" Alaric threw some money at the bar.

"You know what?" Andie began "We should continue this, let's have a dinner party"

"Ooh, my girl" Damon smiled deviously at Andie "Full of good ideas, I'll be happy to host, say tonight maybe?"

"It's good for me" Andie agreed "River? Jenna?"

"I don't know if tonight works-" Alaric began.

"Yeah I'm free" Jenna smiled.

River snorted into his drink, nodding as he smiled.

"It'd be a pleasure" Elijah spoke, an amused Luke decorating his face.

"Great" Damon smirked.

-

River opened the front door of the Salvatore house, being met with the face of John Gilbert and quickly shut the door again, with a roll of his eyes.

"Who is it?" Jenna approached, opening the door again.

River watched as the smile fell from Jenna's face.

"Who invited him?" She scoffed walking away.

"John!" Damon sighed "Surprise, leave"

"When Jenna told me she was coming to a dinner party for Elijah, I decided I could miss out on all the fun and games" John smirked.