daddy issues

RIVER laughed at the blonde vampire beside him, her smile wide as she locked her front door.

"Hey Tyler" River greeted seeing their werewolf 'friend' stood by Caroline's car.

"Hey" Caroline greeted "How's it going?"

"We need to talk" Tyler declared.

"Yeah, we do" Caroline agreed "Listen, I've been thinking about it, and I don't want to over analyse, it was just one kiss, but Matt's still kind of in the picture"

Caroline sighed.

"We can't go there, Tyler" Caroline finished.

"Fine" Tyler nodded.

"Great, that's settled" Caroline smiled moving towards her car.

"Hey, River" Tyler spoke "What happened to my Uncle Mason?"

River froze. He closed his eyes, exhaling harshly in irritation.

"What?" River turned around, playing innocent "What are you talking about?"

"He's dead" Tyler moved forwards "And I want you to to tell me what happened"

Caroline stuttered.

"Then let me tell you" Tyler snapped "Stefan and his brother Damon killed him, with River's help, because River's a witch, and Stefan and Damon are vampires, just like you, Caroline'

"Who told you that?" River frowned stepping forwards.

"Is it true?" Tyler questioned.

"Let us explain" Caroline began.

"Did you know he was dead this whole time?" Tyler interrogated.

"Tyler-" River began.

"Did you know?!" Tyler shouted.

Caroline nodded, River just raising the corner of his lips in a smirk.

Tyler angrily pushed Caroline back against her car. River wasn't happy and pushed Tyler back, before River even had time to think, Tyler pulled his fist back, throwing it at River. Tyler's fist caught River's lip and sent him down.

The witch caught himself, landing on his hands and knees. Anger filled River and the witch raised a hand, pushing Tyler backwards with his magic.

"River!" Caroline instantly moved to River's side.

The blonde turned to Tyler in fear.

"I'm sorry, Tyler" Caroline spoke "I'm sorry"

"I trusted you" Tyler spoke.

The werewolf eyed the witch on the floor with a glare, quickly leaving.

"You alright?" Caroline asked helping River up.

Caroline examined the boy's face, seeing the bruise forming on his cheekbone and the split in his lips from the ring Tyler had been wearing.