22. Everybody Hurts

Thalia's POV

My eyes snap open and I shoot up, only for my head to collide with something above me.

"Agh!" I call out as I reach to soothe my aching face. Suddenly, I realize that my hands aren't at my sides. They're under me. Along with that, I feel something covering my mouth. I run my tongue across it to find a sticky residue--duct tape.

Fear overtakes my body as I wriggle around and hit two walls, or so it seems. I try to move my hands to my sides, and find they're tied together. My ankles are the same way, and I feel tears in my eyes. Where am I?

I can feel a slight vibration under me as I lay perfectly still, and I swear I hear the humming of an engine. Suddenly, I feel a jolt and my body collides with the wall on my right, making me cry out in pain again.

The warm, thick blood rushes down my face and tears come to my eyes as I feel my nose swell almost instantly. I wouldn't be surprised if it were broken, but at least I know that I'm in some sort of car.

However, that raises so many questions. I have absolutely no idea where I'm being taken, and what will happen to me after this. Considering what happened earlier at my house--with my headache to remind me--I am likely being taken to somewhere that Stone Skull is terrorizing.

I think back to my time with Ashton, and how I saw Jack on the television with my parents that day in the laundromat. He knew who I was, where I lived, my family, and he's sending me away to my undecided fate.

I gasp as I realize his twisted game. He was after me the entire time. This was his plan all along. Stone Skull have been after Ashton and me since the beginning.

Tears continue to stream down my face as I sob quietly to myself while my nose continues to bleed. My body begins to shake violently as I think back to my first encounter with the twisted group, back in Southern Cross when I was saved about Ashton.

Unfortunately, Ashton won't be here to save me this time.

This is it, I say to myself. I'm going to die.

I hear a muffled voice come from my right and cease all moving or breathing. My body takes all of its strength to focus my senses on what's going on ahead of me. There's a more distant, faint voice. The driver must be talking to someone, but whom?

"No!" the driver shouts, and I can hear it quite clearly from the trunk. It's Jack. "I made sure that they aren't behind me. They can't go anywhere without a car battery, can they now?"

I hear the faint voice again, but I can't make out what's being said. There's a silence for a moment, and Jack replies, "Yes, sir. We'll be there in about a half hour. She should be unconscious."

Ironically, I want to laugh at his comment. At the same time, that would send a red flag Jack's way to signal that I am very conscious; and I don't know if I can take anymore blows to the head.

Fortunately, I suppose that there's one good thing about this; my family is safe. If he really took out the battery of both cars, then that means they aren't going anywhere outside of our house, which might be the best and safest option. I would never want any of them exposed to this even more than they already are, considering that Jack kidnapped me in front of my mum and the twins.

After what I assume to be a half hour, the car stops and I feel the engine quit beneath me. Instantly, as if it's a reflex, I shut my eyes and make my body as limp as possible so Jack won't suspect that I'm awake or conscious.

"Stupid kids meddling in our business," Jack mutters as the car door shuts, and I feel my heart beginning to race as the footsteps echo outside of the car. I start to panic; now is not a good time to be afraid, even though I should be.