CH35 - Breaking Point

The show exploded with a bang as coach Bamboo and coach Apl started it off with their collaboration of the song Don't wanna know by Maroon 5

This made the crowd pumped up as they look forward to the semi-final performance of the remaining contestants.

Tonight will be the do or die round for the remaining artists per team. They will only be singing one song to convince their coaches and voters on why they should be The Voice of the Philippines when it comes to acapella.

All eight contestants left are to sing for tonight and announcement of the final four would be taking place on the same stage tomorrow evening.

Everyone's nervous and at the same time feeling giddy for the upcoming song numbers.

As for the coaches, Bamboo, Sarah and Apl seems to be confident with how their talents are gonna fare.

Each of them had spent the past whole week rehearsing with their artists to prepare them for this night. But as for Coach Lea, she can't help but feeling nervous for her own team.

This is very unlikely for her since from the very start of the season run, her team is considered strong and she has the most sought-after contestant; which is Ellie. But she could not fully consider that as her advantage, especially now that El is not really in a good shape.

This was not left unnoticed from the eyes of the pop star coach Sarah G. She had seen the frown on the Broadway diva's face and out of worry, she dared asked what's troubling the latter.

"Coach Lea are you alright? You don't look fine." Sarah asked with concern. The four coaches had already taken their seats on the red and black chairs that was placed few meters away from the stage.

"Uhh yeah. I'm just worried for my team."

"Is it because of El?"

El getting sick yesterday has not been made a secret among all the staff of The Voice. So with that, news had reached to the other coaches as well.

"Yeah. She had a terrible fever yesterday."

Indeed having a temperature of 41°C, El should still be taking a rest today to make sure she won't have any complications. But here she is, readying herself to sing in front of hundreds of people and in the screen of national television. The staff could not be thankful enough as El still came despite being so sick. Though in the eyes of most, this will definitely decrease her chance of providing a good performance.

------------------------

El still has the chills as she awaits her turn to go on stage. She's currently staying backstage as Joy accompanies her. Up until now her temperature is not getting lower that 39°C. Coach Lea had strictly instructed Joy to be on the lookout for Ellie. If in case the latter's state gets worse, the staff member should immediately rush her to the medic who's always on standby at the set.