CH17 - Drunk

They didn't expect that Jed would actually be this funny

They didn't expect that Jed would actually be this funny. He had been a good company for the three hopefuls who had been enjoying their third rounds of alcohol. 

Jed had been sharing some of his past experiences and his funny moments with their respected coach Lea. After a short while, they were joined by Nicole, their coach's daughter. She came running to her Tito Jed to show him something about her game. When Nix came up to him, Jed requested from the bartender a strawberry smoothie for the kid.

"Tito Jed look oh, I've passed another level."

"That's nice. Oh by the way, have you met them? They're from your mom's team in The Voice." 

Nicole shook her head in response. 

"Oh, so you haven't heard them sing yet?"

The singer introduced the teenager to the hopeful artists one by one and they said hello in unison. 

It seems during that night, Jed has his convincing powers heightened as he was able to coax the two artists to sing impromptu despite of having alcohol on their system. Jed had requested to hear songs from Sam Smith's repertoire as he is the former's favorite singer. Maika decided to skip out as she's too tipsy to sing.

Prince then started it off with the song Stay with me. Jed was fully satisfied with his performance as he gave his full smile. By this time other guests have heard someone's singing so their attention went towards them. 

El feels pressured as more eyes avert towards her. It is now her turn to sing for Jed. Though she already had a song on mind, she still feels nervous as the man in from of him is the only Filipino to be inducted in to the Hall of Fame of the World Championships of Performing Arts. 

She could definitely hold her own liquor and doesn't easily get drunk but right now she could feel her face reddened from shyness on this hot spot they are in right now. She decided to start singing so she could soon be out from the center of attraction. 

You must think that I'm stupid
You must think that I'm a fool
You must think that I'm new to this
But I have seen this all before

I'm never gonna let you close to me
Even though you mean the most to me
'Cause every time I open up, it hurts
So I'm never gonna get too close to you
Even when I mean the most to you
In case you go and leave me in the dirt

But every time you hurt me, the less that I cry
And every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry
And every time you walk out, the less I love you
Baby, we don't stand a chance, it's sad but it's true

I'm way too good at goodbyes

With that, the people close to them gave a round of applause for the two hopefuls who humored Jed's request.
And after a few moments they came back to their own businesses.