CH3 - Encounter

"Wow, that is so freaking interesting!"

As she finished the song, she slowly opened up her eyes and stood in awe in what she saw.

The chairs lighted up and one of them is none other than the person she chases in her dreams -- Coach Lea Salonga.

She couldn't utter a single word at that moment and she felt like her jaw dropped wide open for everyone to see.

Her trance ended when Sarah started to speak.

"Hello, what's your name?"

"Uhm.. Ellie Rae Martinez po."

At this moment she could clearly see the lights under Sarah's chair. She also noticed that Bamboo turned for her.

Apl defended himself saying he's not really the best person for the kind of genre her voice belongs to - which the other judges silently nods.

And so the next coach to say her piece was --

"I love that song. I've sang it before."

She can't help but smile and giggle a little bit as she totally agrees with Lea.

"Yes. Your version was what inspired me back then. Well all of your songs actually inspires me. I'm an avid fan."

She can't believe she finally said it! She felt she is living inside one of her dreams. It was cloud nine. She wished someone could try to pinch her or slap her even, just to see if she would wake up in the dreamlike feeling she's at right now.

"Naku Coach Bamboo. Patay na tayo." (Oops coach Bamboo. We're dead.)

Coach Sarah jokes as they feel like they already know who this girl is going to pick.

Lea continued her piece, "By the way how would you like to be called? El? Ellie? Ellie Rae?"

"El is fine."

"Okay El. Here's what I've got to say. Y'know, I'm actually THE very first one to turn but I guess you cant really tell since your eyes were closed all throughout your performance. But if you'd insist, I could request for the video footage for the proof."

The four coaches just laughed with Lea's proposition.

"Yeah, I've noticed that too. It seems she is so immersed with the song eh. The emotions are all there." Sarah agreed with what Lea had observed.

"Yeah. There is something that you did in the song that actually piqued my ears. It was on the second verse. It was done brilliantly it's like nagkaron ng ibang atake yung song. (it's like the song had come up with a new meaning) Can you do it once more starting from the second verse?"

The young lady sang the part Coach Lea had been requesting once again.
Repeating out the parts where she changed the stress of the notes.

Jaime's arrived at the end of the line.
Jamie's CONvinced that the problem is miiiine.

"There! I really like how you played with the notes there. So El,

you have to pick me 'cause I turned for you first. Second, that kind of song is a storytelling song. And I could definitely guide you on that path. Trust me! And you know, I could feel how quiet your personality is and I think we'll be able to work well. By the way, why did you kept your eyes closed during your whole performance?"

"Well, it's because I'm feeling all so nervous. I feel its going to put more pressure onto one's self when they have to sing and at the same time staring at all those chairs hoping for someone to turn. For me, I find it more relaxing to have myself freed from my surroundings and just sing the song from the bottom of my heart. I mean if nobody would turn that's okay it may not meant to be for me.. I'm already thankful enough to be able to sing in front of you guys. Or rather at the back of you guys."

She smiles genuinely as she looks onto the Lea's direction.
This was her wish, her lifelong dream, to see her face to face, and she even get to talk to her and hear her voice. She is in total bliss.

And so, it was now coach Sarah's turn to win her over for her team.

"To be honest, the reason why I did not turn immediately because I'm not really familiar with the song. So I took my sweet time listening to it and then on the middle part of the song, *snap fingers* I felt your emotions. The sadness, it's there while you were singing.
I just hope that you can pick me so we can show the people on how you share all those emotions you can give in to the songs." Coach Sarah said.

Lea politely interrupts Sarah to voice out her take on this.

"Oh that song is from the Last five years." Lea comments.

"Uhm.. yeah. The title of the song is Still hurting. It was sang by Anna Kendrick but Ms. Lea's raw version is much better. Hehe." El seconded.

"Oh my. Pang musical pala. Talo talaga tayo coach bamboo." (It's from a musical. We don't really have any chance at all coach Bamboo)

Sarah gestures for a face palm as she jokes the second time.

"Well if that's the case, can we hear just a little bit of sample of any other song you could sing right now." Bamboo replied.

Upon realizing that this timid girl is actually a big fan of Coach Lea, Bamboo has already lost the confidence to lay out his spiels to win over this girl.
For now, he would just like to hear her sing once again.

"Oh, okay. Hmm. This song's quite an old one. Please bear with me."