CH15 - Results

After almost an hour of waiting , all the performances for that day have finished

After almost an hour of waiting , all the performances for that day have finished. All Familea artists are gathered back on dressing room C as they await for the judgement. 

The host, the coaches and the directorial staff took a short break before proceeding to the announcement of results. 

As Ellie got finished being part of the first batch of performers, her nerves had already fully settled down. For the meantime, she kills time by getting into small conversations with her fellow contestants and by constantly playing around with her mobile phone. She randomly checks her social media accounts, her email and then her inbox, when she stumbles once again on the text messages Coach Lea sent her last time.

Curious, she asked her fellow Familea artists to check what kind of message did they receive.

"By the way guys, did you receive any text message from Coach Lea last week?"

The people she asked were bewildered as to where this question came from.

"No. I haven't received anything. Why, did she send you one?" Maika replied to her.

Ellie could feel all the stares starting to gaze upon her. It seems no one else aside from her receive a personal message from their coach. And if this gets out, that would put her as well as Lea into a tight spot as the latter could be accused of having favoritism which she doesn't want to happen.

She needs to think fast and answer carefully on this to make sure there will be no misunderstandings that will build within their team.

"Ahh no. I was just curious if there's an instance that coach herself were the one sending the updates."

"I think it was Staff Joy who were always sending us the group messages." Patrick, one of her fellow  contestants, added in response.

"I see." She just narrowly avoided being on the hot seat. She sighed in relief. But with this, Ellie had realized that she was the only person from their team that Lea personally messaged using her own number. She can't help but doubt what would be the reason why. But never the less, with this, she felt a little bit special.

—————

The taping resumed after a short break of fifteen minutes.
The coaches had been called back to take their seats so the result for the winners of this round could be announced.

As per the format, all four teams had their nine artists sing a song individually to try and convince their coaches to pick them for the next round. From having nine, each coach could only send six of their team members for the live shows and eliminate the other three.

If an artist gets eliminated by their own coach, the other three coaches could steal the aspiring singer to be part of their own team.

With this, Toni once more took the center stage as she started to read her script from the teleprompter. The announcement of names for the live shows will follow the same exact order of their performances.

Coach Apl and Bamboo then gave out the names from the first batch they selected.
It was now Coach Lea's turn to give hers. The three artists from her team, Prince, Alicia and Ellie stood on the stage as Toni asks her on who'll be the two she's going to pick for tonight.

Audiences cheer for their bet's name. You can hear some yelling for Prince's name, especially the ladies. Some others are rooting for Alicia, and El also got a share of support from the audience at the back.

The atmosphere has been so intense that it gives pressure to the three hopefuls. But she had already decided on the names just right after their performance. Lea didn't even need to think twice as the names she'll be calling are all deserving.

"So who will it be coach Lea?" Toni inquired.

"Okay. The ones I want to proceed for the live shows would be.."

**drum roll**

"Prince and El."

The whole studio was filled with cheering and clapping as coach Lea announced her first two members for the live shows.

It's sad for them to say goodbye to Alicia but still the three Familea artists hugged each other before going off stage.

Bamboo teased Lea as soon as the crowd calmed down.

"Looks like Coach Lea doesn't want to give away El ha." He jests.

"Oh come on! Like I'll let you guys. I've got a good feeling about this season. Ha." Lea proudly smiles as she secured Ellie's spot away from the hands of Bamboo and Sarah.

————-

Meanwhile at the backstage, Ellie could not fully believe that she will be proceeding to the live shows. That means that more people will be seeing her on the television and she gets to sing live as the show airs.

All this feels surreal. She's not even sure if there will be viewers that will vote for her, aside from her friends and relatives in which she did not openly tell about her joining the competition.

Seeing her at-lost look, Ms. Ligaya Salonga approached her and invited her back to the dressing room where all others are waiting.

Ellie was shocked that this person actually spoke to her. Ligaya is Lea's mom and manager. Wherever Lea is, Ligaya is there to accompany her and acts as her representative. She had first met this person during the knockouts coaching session but this is the first time they actually speak directly with each other.

"Are you okay, hija?"

"Yes ma'am. Just a bit shocked." El smiled at the old lady before her.

"Don't be. I know my daughter likes you a lot. She has high expectations for you."

With those words, Ellie once again became lost on her thoughts. She hadn't expected to hear this. But since it's coming from none other than Lea's mom, she must have to believe it.

She could only smile in response to the woman's reassurance.

Ligaya showed satisfaction with how the young woman presented herself before her. She could totally see humbleness in this girl even if she is being showered with praises. Lea had mentioned Ellie's name to her several times to the point that she thinks Lea treats her as her very own daughter.

With their previous talks, Lea kept on describing El with wonder and praises. She even mentioned that this talented girl could become her winning ticket to this season's finals. And when she asked her son's opinion for this young woman, he just seconded his older sister thoughts.

Ligaya thought that if both of her children have high opinion on this girl, that means Ellie is actually a very promising person.

When Prince and El settled back on the dressing room, Ligaya told them not to leave even after the taping session is done. For there will be a victory party prepared by Lea to be celebrated later on.

Prince enthusiastically agrees to attend the said gathering. While the others are looking forward to have their names picked by their coach and to join the after party, Ellie feels otherwise.

She could not explain why but she somehow feels uneasy about this coming event later.