CH14 - Performance

Team Apl and Team Bamboo's first set of performances had already finished

Team Apl and Team Bamboo's first set of performances had already finished. It is now Team Lea's turn to have their first batch of singers to go on stage.

Ellie's name was included on those the host; Toni, had called in to come up on stage. They were briefly introduced by showing a short VTR clip on the stage projector.

Toni had asked their very own coach for any message she could say before they actually start off their performance.

"First off, you guys are all talented. You three wouldn't be on this round if not. So I just want you guys to do all your best, and good luck."

With that the first performer, Alicia took the stage and the other two went to the sides where they cannot be seen as she performs.

For her performance, Alicia sang Diamonds by Rihanna. As she finished the song, all of the coaches clapped as well as the audience. When interviewed, coach Lea expressed satisfaction with her artist's song choice and the way she sang it.

Next to sing is Prince. He was a handsome boy that serenaded Coach Lea during blind auditions with his rendition of Just the Way you are. For this round, he chose to sing Stitches by One Direction. The audience seemed to enjoy his performance as they cheer. Even the coaches were delighted to hear his song.

At this moment, Ellie is the last to perform for Team Lea's first batch of knockout rounds. All her nerves are acting up as she could feel chills run down her spine. She has been on this stage before, heck she had already performed twice as well but she can't explain the nervousness she's getting right now.

When Toni called her name; with a microphone stand in tow, she went to the mark where she's supposed to stand at the start of her performance. She looked at the full-house audience as they cheer while all the coaches are smiling and waiting for her to start. But all that seems irrelevant for Ellie. All her eyes could see was the appearance of her ultimate idol, her coach, Lea Salonga. Lea was intently looking at her which makes her all the more uneasy. She wanted to make proud of her. Despite not being the best artist their team has, she doesn't want to be eliminated too early as she wanted to spend more time with her idol coach. She took a gulp and let out a sigh. By this time, she could see Lea mouthing inaudibly the words "You can do it." as the singer smiles at her.

She took the stand and put the microphone she's holding on it and held it tightly. She then started to sing.

I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me
This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy
I need somebody to heal
Somebody to know
Somebody to have
Somebody to hold
It's easy to say
But it's never the same
I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain

Now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And you're not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to turn to
This all or nothing way of loving got me sleeping without you
Now, I need somebody to know
Somebody to heal
Somebody to have
Just to know how it feels
It's easy to say but it's never the same
I guess I kinda liked the way you helped me escape

Now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And you're not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

And I tend to close my eyes when it hurts sometimes
I fall into your arms
I'll be safe in your sound 'til I come back around

For now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And you're not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

But now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And you're not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

(Song title: Someone you loved by Lewis Capaldi)

There was complete silence when Ellie was singing Lewis Capaldi's Someone you loved. It was very heartfelt. Unlike the original singer's version, she had it more raw and emotional with her style of singing songs slow tempo on this acapella version.

At the minute she stopped singing, the whole audience applauded in unison. The loud cheering of the fans can be heard from the whole studio, even the coaches stood up and gave her a standing ovation as they were all touched and amazed with her song.

Ellie nearly cried as she let go of the microphone. She herself was also overwhelmed with emotions while she sang the lyrics. She could totally relate on its meaning of brokenheartedness. She wasn't able to hear herself singing while she was in the middle of her song. But basing on the reactions of the whole studio, she felt that she somehow met the listeners' expectations from her.

Toni then took the stage once more as Ellie went off to go back to the dressing room. The host introduced next the artists from Team Sarah as it is their turn to sing off.

"Wow coach Lea. Looks like you'll have another hard time choosing who'll you have to send for the live shows eh." Apl said as they took their seats once again.

"I agree with what coach Apl said. But El really gives me goosebumps. Such soul on her voice is so jaw dropping. Hay." Sarah added.

Knowing that other coaches actually roots for her girl, Lea feels so proud that she is under her team. She had already made her decision on who to pick for the first knockout rounds. She'll make sure that no other coaches will be able to steal her team's gem from her.