CH28 - True Feelings

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Pilit nating iniwasan
Ganitong mga tanungan
At kahit 'di sigurado
Tinuloy natin ang ating ugnayan

Lea Salonga, the Broadway star, has never been this shocked in a performance in all her The Voice Philippines history.

The song that her artist is singing on stage right now, is no way the same with what they have rehearsed the other day.

Mixed feelings have been starting to embrace her body. She doesn't know if she should feel betrayed by what Ellie has done.

As El finishes her first verse, Coach Sarah, gives off a remark that makes Lea calm down a little bit.

"Aww. Ouch naman this song! Masyadong mapanakit! But she's singing this really good." (Too hurtful!)

With that intriguing side comment, the world renowned singer-actress decided to forget El's unexpected change of song and listened to the whole performance for the meantime.

Ngayo'y naubos na'ng kwentuhan
Nagsimula nang magsisihan
Lahat ay parang lumabo
'Di alam kung sa'n tutungo

Sabi ko na nga ba
Dapat no'ng una pa lamang
'Di na umasa
'Di naniwala

Hindi tayo pwede
Pinagtagpo pero 'di tinadhana
Hindi na posible
Ang mga puso'y huwag nating pahirapan
Suko na sa laban
Hindi tayo pwede

Kay bigat na ng damdamin
Bakit 'di pa natin aminin?
Dahil sa una pa lamang
Alam nating wala tayong laban

Sabi ko na nga ba
Dapat no'ng una pa lamang
'Di na umasa
'Di naniwala

Hindi tayo pwede
Pinagtagpo pero 'di tinadhana
Hindi na posible
Ang mga puso'y huwag nating pahirapan
Suko na sa laban
Hindi tayo pwede

Hindi tayo pwede dahil una pa lang
Alam naman nating mayroong hangganan
At kahit ipilit, hanggang dito na lang
Dito na lang

Hindi tayo pwede
Pinagtagpo pero 'di tinadhana
Hindi na posible
Ang mga puso'y huwag nating pahirapan
Suko na sa laban
Hindi tayo pwede
Hindi tayo pwede

(Song: Hindi Tayo Pwede by The Juans)

Lea could feel the all the hurt piercing her heart while her promising artist sings these lyrics. Even the crowd was dead silent all throughout the duration of her song.

Lea could feel her tears rolling down her cheeks as the words sink in her mind. She didn't even know the title of this song as it is the first time she's hearing it. She didn't expect that it would actually make her this emotional.

Even the audience members were so touched by her rendition of the song. They could see Ellie still immersed on her emotions even after ending her performance.

Only when Toni took the stage that they started to clap loudly and cheer Ellie's name.

"Oh wow. That was such a heartfelt song isn't it coaches? Look, El has been crying." The host teases the contestant as she hands her a ply of tissue for El to wipe her tears.

The audience showed their support further as they have seen firsthand how this talented woman be one with the song.

"So what can  our respectable coaches have to say? Let's start with Coach Sarah." Toni segued to give the spotlight to the four amazing singers seated in front of the audience.

"Elliee!!!!!!" It was rare for someone from the show to call her first given name, save for her coach Lea. For these past months, Ellie has already got used to just being called El.

"Oh my God Ellie. What have you done? You made your coach cry."

Everyone's attention including the cameras was then focused on Coach Lea as she wipes her own tears.

"Hay naku Sarah. Tumigil ka jan." (Sarah. Stop it.)

The pop star just giggled as she finds it cute for coach Lea to be emotional in her artist's song.

"Pero yun na nga. I didn't know na may mas isasakit pa pala tong song na to. I don't know what to say eh. Nasayo na halos lahat eh. Puso, emosyon, star quality. Sa totoo lang nanghihinayang ako na hindi ako yung coach na pinili mo. But it is a wonderful performance."

(But going back. I didn't know that this song can be much hurtful than its original version. You already have everything. The heart to sing, the emotions, star quality. Honestly, I'm having regrets that I wasn't the coach you picked back then.)

Everyone at the RWM studio laughed off with Sarah's remark. It was now Coach Apl's turn to give his feedback.

"Aww El.. El.. You just captured and punctured all of our hearts once again. Haha. But yeah, it was a very good performance, heartbreaking but so pleasant to the ears. Also, you look pretty tonight. Good job!"

"I couldn't agree more with what Coach Sarah and Coach Apl said. I mean look at you, or look at Coach Lea, you both have been brought to tears with your song, so clearly the emotions are very well portrayed. It was a great song choice. Super bagay sya sa boses mo." (The song suits your voice so well.)

As Bamboo finished his input, all eyes and ears are now back to the Broadway star. Even El was purely giving her attention to this national pride, she's afraid that Lea might feel angry towards her knowing she changed her song for tonight's performance.

"Oh boy, how should I even start?" the audience kept on cheering loudly as they find Lea's remark funny. After about a good minute, they quieted doen as they give the Broadway star a chance to evaluate Ellie's performance.

"I'm not exactly sure why you chose this song but you have interpreted it so well and so sooo good to the point that you had made me cry.

I couldn't say anything more. It was fantastic nonetheless, I just wanna say that viewers should be voting for that kind of performance."

People from the audience started to cheer so loud once again. There was so much Lea wanted to say. So many thoughts were running inside her mind. She wanted to ask El on why she sang a different song compared to what she had picked for her. She felt that this song's lyrics was Ellie's personal message to her. She wants  to confront the young woman about all of this. 

But Lea could not understand why she is feeling flustered about it. Normally, if her fans would show her their zealous admiration, it kind of feels normal for her. So on her mind, receiving a love confession should be just normal for her. 

But why is she feeling so unsure? This question keeps on bothering the Broadway star. Is it because the person who confessed is one of her artists? Is it because she's younger than her? Is it because she's a girl? But Lea has not been new to LGBT community. She has so many gay people in her circle of friends and in her family. Even her half brother is an openly gay one. 

She wants to dismiss the idea that comes to her mind. She thinks it's not possible but how come her gut feeling acts otherwise. 

She finds Ellie so intriguing that makes her want to know the young woman more. She enjoys being in her company. Every time there are rehearsals scheduled, she becomes so excited because she'll be seeing her. She does not feel this way towards her other artists. When she heard that Ellie got sick, she got worried so much. She wanted to rush to her earlier to check if she was okay.

Is it what she's thinking? Is she starting to have feelings towards this promising girl?

Lea cannot think straight anymore. She feels lost as the new set of performers from Team Apl starts to sing on stage.