CH7 - Normality

It's been three days since Ellie won from the Battle rounds

It's been three days since Ellie won from the Battle rounds. As the next rehearsal would be taking place two days from now, she is just doing her normal activities just like in any of her ordinary days. 

She was a Marketing graduate but now she works as a freelance scriptwriter and sends her work through her agent Daniel. And today, she just felt a sigh of relief as she submitted her manuscript that would include a month's worth of her deadlines. She wants to make sure that whatever comes up with The Voice, her schedule would be as vacant as possible. 

During these kind of days if she's not working; Ellie would still be at her home, either binge-watching shows from Netflix or playing her instruments or some online games. She only goes out for meetups with friends or if there is a need to go out shopping. Her routine has been like this for the past couple of months. 

To start off her day, she would open up her laptop, login to her social media accounts, check all notifications including threads posted in Lea's fandom groups she's part of. After spending like an hour on her social media, she then would play console or mobile games up until noon just before she prepare lunch for herself. During afternoon, if not taking a nap, she would then write some scripts or spend time reading novels from her collection. 

Indeed, she is just a simple girl with a typical lifestyle.

**rrriiiing** **rrriiiing**

Ellie reached out for her mobile phone placed atop her center table to check who's calling her at that time of the day. She is shocked to see the name of one of her friends; Joyce, on the screen. Her close friends know her personality and quirks, including the fact that she's not into answering phone calls.

This might be something very important, she thought.

"Yo."

"Bestie!! Why didn't you tell us?"

"Tell you what?" Ellie was confused as to what Joyce was talking about.

"About you joining The Voice!!!!! WE SAW IT LAST NIGHT. That's definitely you right. Same name same looks. No doubt." She could feel her friend's voice intensified bursting out from her phone's speaker. She remembers not telling anybody about this but it seems that her secret is already out. 

"Oh. That. Yeah. How did you find out?" Curious as to how her friend knew about her audition. 

"Are you kidding?!?! Your audition was showed on last night's episode."

As she thinks about it, it might just sounds right. The pilot episode was aired last night. She just haven't got the chance to watch it as she was focused on finishing her work.

"Really? I never taught they will include my part so soon. I might have to watch the replay then."

After congratulating and catching up with each other, they ended the call and Ellie went back to her workplace to search Youtube for last night's episode replay.

She wasn't able to get the episode in full but she was able to find her own audition and other performances of other contestants who got through the blind auditions. She knew that she would eventually be seen by people who knew her once the show starts to air but she didn't expect it would be that soon. As she watched the video clips she also happened to read some comments of the viewers even on her own performance.

Ellie was somehow relieved to see so many positive comments about her and the song she chose for the blinds. At first she was nervous when she was just starting to read through them as she's afraid that she would get bashed as she feels she's not really cut out for the show. 

Feeling satisfied after watching all the performances that were aired last night, she thought of checking her social media accounts to see if her other friends had already got wind of her appearance on TV. She was so shocked to see that there are so many friend requests and follows on her Facebook, Instagram and Twitter account. It has only been overnight but she already got additional 500 followers on her Instagram account. There has been 225 friend requests on her Facebook account from people she does not personally know.

"Oh boy, this is nuts."