CH36 - Disappointing Result

It was a hellish night for El

She could feel herself burning up as she lies down on her bed. She doesn't even remember how she got home. But memories of last night's performance are still vivid in her mind.

She kept on thinking about the instance where she almost fell on the stage. With this, Ellie's convinced that there's something wrong with her. But right now she doesn't have the luxury to go to a hospital and have herself checked. She knew that if she'd do so, she wouldn't be able to leave the place without being confined.

And she couldn't really afford to do that especially right now, as the results on who's going to be in the finals will be announced later on.

El tried to close her eyes once again hoping that with enough sleep, she'd be able to feel a little bit better for later's show..

---------------------------

She woke up at around three in the afternoon. She tried to whip up some late lunch snack and drank her antibiotics. Ellie then took a shower and prepared herself in going to RWM wherein tonight's show will telecast from.

She grabbed her outfit for tonight; it was a red Rayon Bow Tie Long sleeve blouse she got from Uniqlo. Ellie partnered it up with a black Sloan fit ankle pants and black high heeled pumps. They were instructed to wear red for tonight as it is going to be Team Familea's color code. 

Though she has her own car, Ellie rarely drives as she finds it hassle and tiring to be stuck on traffic along EDSA. So just like always, she takes a Grab to have her chauffeured to the venue.

When she arrived, she went straight to the dressing room greeting hello to everyone she comes across with. 

Maika was already in the room when she entered. They hugged and greeted each other. Despite being rivals in the competition they became close enough, given with all the bonding and time they spent together during rehearsals. El notices how her co-contestant looks wonderful tonight. She's wearing a red mini skirt dress and had her hair in curls. 

A few moments later, their very own coach came to their place to check up on them. Lea's beauty never fails to make everyone starstrucked.

She came in donning her red Rajo Laurel off shoulder laced dress. Her make up on point and her hair in its usual up-do, the Broadway star looks stunning as ever. She hugged both of her artists as she bids them good luck.

Trying not to make it obvious, Lea's eyes are more focused on El. Though her protege came in on time, and giving her smile away to everyone, it doesn't remove the fact that she's still not in good shape.
In a span of few days, one can observe that El became thinner and dark circles under her eyes remain no matter how much concealer was put on her face.

She asked the young lady,

"How are you feeling today El?"

The young woman was dumbfounded with her coach's question. She tried to avoid being asked how she is because she doesn't want to lie and yet, it's hard for her to tell everyone the truth that she's not feeling okay.

She feels like her organs whirl around inside her. She's having difficulty breathing and it seems she could pass out if she tries to stand for too long. Even when her chest and throat feels itchy and stuffed, she tries so much not to cough so that others would not be bothered by it.

She could only give a faint smile to her beloved coach as a reply. Lea knowingly knew what it meant, gave El another hug to let her feel that she cares for her.
El almost cried to tears as she hugged back her idol, her love and her admiration. This is a moment she will never forget.

"Hush. It's okay. No matter what happens tonight, I'll be here for you. You know where to find me."

-----------------------

After some intermission numbers from coach-artist pairings , all the remaining eight contestants have been called on to the stage together with their respective coaches. 

All of them stood there as Toni starts to announce the four names who will proceed on to the finals of the competition.

The lights were dim and the spotlights are currently focused only on the host who holds the list of the finalists' name. 

Ellie and Maika feels nervous at this moment, but their coach, who is standing in between them, holds their hands to calm their nerves. The audience members keep on cheering for their bet's name as Toni keeps the suspense on the air.

After the drum roll, Toni announced the first name of the grand finalist; a spotlight was turned on towards the direction of Anna, which is from team Sarah. The crowd keeps on cheering loudly as the pop star hugged her other artist who was not chosen.

Once again the lights were made dim as Toni prepares to call another name.
This went on until only one spot is left to be called. Everyone's tensed but excited as the last person is going to be from Team Familea.

The audience' cheers are divided between Maika and Ellie. Both of them gave their best all throughout the process of the competition. Lea adores them truly and she herself is not sure who'd be picked for tonight.

Deep inside her, she wanted El to be the big winner but having seen how her body is slowly giving up with all the exhaustion, she's now feeling okay with Maika proceeding as her artist for the finals.

Lea held both of her artists' hands tighter as Toni announced the next name.

"The people have spoken.. The fourth person to join the grands final will be...

*intense drum roll*

Ellie Rae Martinez!"

The audience members kept on shouting and cheering El's name. They were all so excited with Ellie going through the last phase of the competition.

But the artist herself was lost in her thoughts. She couldn't believe she was the one chosen, given how half-assed her performance for last night was. She cried and hugged Maika before the latter went off stage. Her coach gave the girl a tight hug as well. Right after Maika left, Lea looked at her grand finalist and held her face.

She wiped Ellie's tears with her own fingers as she smiles at her. She could see how red El's face became. She hugged her as she congratulates her promising protege.
She felt El's warm body. Despite their clothes covering their skins, she could feel the woman is burning hot.

"You've made it El. This is the fruit of all your talents and efforts. We'll take it easy from now on so you can recover before the finals." the Broadway star whispered to her favorite protege.

After the show's curtain dropped, Lea went to see Maika before the latter goes home. Despite not winning the round, she would like to congratulate her and commend her efforts for reaching up to this stage.

As for Ellie, she went straight to their dressing room to drink some water. Her throat feels so dry and her body is still getting the chills. Even without taking her temperature, she knew that her fever is back. Her body aches and she kept on sweating despite the whole place being air conditioned.

As she enters the room, she was welcomed by Nicole and Lea's mom, Ligaya, who were waiting to congratulate her. Nicole ran to her and hugged her. She thanked the two for the support.

"I hope you'll be the big winner next week Ate El." the teenager exclaimed excitedly.

"Well, that would be difficult, the others are all so good." El humbly said in her defense.

Her head starts to spin again as she lost wind of her surroundings. Images of Nicole and things around her became blurry and fuzzy. She could no longer hear what the teenager in front of her is saying. It felt like she was falling on a pit, drowning and everything became pitch black.

**thump**

"Ate El!!!"

"Ellie!!"

"Hey, somebody help!!"