CH18 - After Party

Ellie came back home at her pad at past 11:00 pm in the evening

Ellie came back home at her pad at past 11:00 pm in the evening. She put her keys, phone and wallet at her dresser as she grabbed clothes from her cabinet and took a shower. It was a very long day after all. With all the things that had transpired, a hot bath is what Ellie needed to end the day. 

After freshening up herself, she grabbed her phone and looked at her gallery to check all the photos she took for today. There were some candid shots and group selfies as well. She can't help but smile as she remembers the things they did capture on those pictures. As she rummaged through all the photos, Ellie suddenly remembered the guy who approached them in the bar. She got up and went to her clothes bin to check all the items she wore for that day. On the inside pocket of her coat, she took out the card that the man gave to her. 

Renan Ferrer.

She had already heard of this name before when Lea did a play with Atlantis Theatricals. But it was her first time seeing how he looks like in person. The man's physique is quite good. He was about 5"5 in height as what Ellie estimates. His olive skin complements his looks. He might not be that handsome like famous celebrities out there, but Renan indeed have some sexual appeal that could attract girls her age.

But this would not be enough to make Ellie fall for a guy like him. For her, what constitutes her interest for a person is not just based on looks, but rather, on the intellect and the spark she feels when she's with that particular person. And still, even if someone with qualifications like that comes across her, Ellie would not be able to entertain. Because for now, her mind and her heart is all full of admiration for Lea. 

----------------

The next morning was just as normal in the household of the Salonga-Chiens. 

Lea woke up on her bed feeling nauseous. She was greeted by her husband Rob, with a breakfast brought to her.  The menu consists of her favorite; dried fish, fried rice, pork adobo and mango with sauteed shrimp.  Alongside the meal includes a hangover shot and her brewed coffee.

"Good morning." The physically fit man smiled to his wife. "Here's your breakfast."

"Thank you hon."

"Had a good dream?" He laughed teasing Lea as he knows she just had a rough sleep with all the alcohol his wife consumed by that night.

"You could tell that to me." Lea just smiled at her husband as she grabs a bite of the pork adobo that was served to her.

"Haha. You were dead drunk last night."

"Oh Lord, I know. I feel terrible." With her photographic memory, Lea can pretty much remember all the things that have occurred the night before. Good thing Rob was there, she was able to totally enjoy drinking alcohol without limit. 

"That's just fine. Later on, you'll feel better. At least you had a good time. Your guests did too."

"Really? I haven't been able to send off all of them. How about my talents from The Voice?"

"Oh. I've checked with your assistant Cleo and she said they all got home safely. I think the ones last to leave were your favorites." 

"Hmm."

Lea took a sip of her freshly brewed coffee. Its sweet aroma is taking over her senses. The bitter, yet invitingly warm smell filled the atmosphere on their bedroom. As her husband mentioned her "favorites", she can't help but think about her front runner Ellie. 

Despite being so drunk last night, memories of her encounter with El are still so vivid. She could still remember the things she said, and the gesture that she had made. She unconsciously touched her forehead with her left hand, tracing the spot where the young woman kissed her last night.

"Are you okay hon?"

"Huh?"

"You've been holding your forehead for a while now. Are you having a headache?"

"Oh! No. Just remembered something about last night." Lea responded in her defense.

Rob was somehow relieved upon hearing his wife's reply. He also remembered something that might pique his wife's interests.

"Oh, by the way, I've seen two of your artists sing from last night. There's someone that's so good. She's eye catching. I think she is the one you've mentioned before."

"Really? Wait. Are they the ones with Jed? I didn't know you were in that crowd."

"No, no. Yvette was the one who was there. She took a video of it and sent it to our group in viber. That's where I've seen it."

Hearing this, Lea immediately grabbed her phone sitting upon her nightstand and checked the thread Rob mention. Indeed, she saw the whole clip where Prince and El were singing in front of Jed. The former was able to provide a satisfactory performance given with the influence of alcohol. But as for El, it was breathtaking. Her rendition of the song "Too Good at Goodbyes" is so out of this world. If Ellie would be singing this in the live show, she bets that the audience and the home viewers would go crazy with her vocals, Lea thought.

"God, she's so good."

"So was she the one you've mentioned last time?"

"Yep! She totally is. Haay. She is so fantastic!"

And with that, the Broadway star continued to replay the video that was sent to their viber group to continuously hear El's voice.