CH24 - Truths and a Lie

She could hear some noise coming from the outside as Lea wakes up

She could hear some noise coming from the outside as Lea wakes up. She doesn't feel tired but she doesn't feel being refreshed as well. She looks at the time on her wristwatch; it says seven o'clock. 

"Ahh. That's why it feels so off." She thought. It was the earliest time she got up since who knows when. 

She grabbed her phone and opened up the door and was a bit surprised to see Prince awake. She almost forgot that he's the reason why they all spent the night at Ellie's place. He was sitting at the dining table together with El as they talk about things that happened last night. She was invited over by the latter to have some breakfast.

Not long after, they were joined in by Joy who was looking fresh with a good night's sleep.

"Woah! Did you cook all of this El?" Joy exclaimed as she took a bite of bacon.

As hospitable as she can be, El prepared a platter of bacon, sunny side up eggs, toast with butter and maple syrup on the side, and had two pancakes ready for each of their plates. She even sliced some fruits to make their meal healthy. As for their drinks, her guests have the choice of coffee, fresh milk or an orange juice served on their respective pitchers. 

It was a simple American style of breakfast but it looks like a feast for there are so much serving just for four people eating. 

"Sorry I wasn't able to prepare much. I'm not sure what food you guys would like to eat."

"This is actually too much just for the four of us." Prince said. 

"When did you have the time to do all of this? Did you get any sleep at all?" Lea asked as she tries out her toast. 

"Oh she did coach!" Prince interjected. "I saw her sleeping on the couch when I woke her up."

"You woke her up?!" There was a hint of reprimanding in Lea's tone. It was around one o'clock in the morning when she left Ellie for the latter to finish her work so she knows that El haven't had enough proper sleep.

"Well. I woke up feeling the need to go to the bathroom and I'm not exactly sure where it is. So when I saw her on the couch I thought this was her place so I woke her up to ask where the bathroom is.." Prince was feeling guilty knowing that he had imposed too much with El's hospitality.

"That's just fine. I don't have anything to do with my schedule later on so I could just catch up some rest for the day." Ellie gave a reassuring smile for all her guests as they continue eating their breakfast. 

—————

It was almost noon when the Broadway star got back home on their mansion in Alabang.
She was welcomed by her husband who was working on his gardening skills on their front yard.

"How did your sleepover go?" Rob hugged his wife as he greeted her.

"Oh, it was fine. El's place is actually nice but I think I need to get more sleep."

Robert Chien no longer asked his beautiful wife if she would like to eat first as he received a photo of what they had for breakfast in El's home.

Lea then entered their main door and went upstairs to go directly on their room. She took a quick shower before lying down on her own bed.

Her body is not physically tired, but her mind is. She tried to think back how her conversation with Ellie went last night.

————

"But I didn't mean it that way.. Yes. I admire you as a fan. But the love I'm feeling for you coach, is more than that. It seems wrong but that's how I feel."

She could still picture out El's face as she say those words. She couldn't believe she would get a confession like that. Yes, she had been accustomed for being admired by so many fans. But to get a love confession, that's too overwhelming for her. It sounds insane.

On her mind it's just too impossible. How can someone single; pretty, intelligent, talented and unique like Ellie fall for her? True, she might be a famous celebrity, a world-class singer, a national pride of the Philippines; but she is so much older than her. She can already be considered as her mother. She already even have a family of her own; a loving husband and an amazing daughter that is so fun to be with. And she's a god-damn woman to begin with.

Just for these reasons, Lea knows that El's feelings for her would be out of the question. But still, she couldn't understand herself as somehow, she feels so happy with the young woman's admission.

But despite being confessed to, last night did not end so well for her. Her protege asked her a difficult favor she doesn't want to grant.

"But please do not worry coach. I know my boundaries. This is just a selfish feeling I have developed from being a fan that since evolved after meeting you personally.

I don't expect anything. I understand that this matter should not be pursued.

I have decided to quit The Voice, but of  course I don't want to implicate you on this."

"What exactly are you saying? Why do you want to quit?"

"Well. I didn't join to win anyway. I just really wanted to see you in person. I didn't think that things would go out of hand.

So I'm planning to lose on this competition Ms. Lea. So what I ask of you is that; once the vote results come out and I'm to be eliminated, please do not save me."

She clearly remembers how El said those things with conviction. She was really serious during that part of their conversation. Lea wasn't even able to give a proper response during that time.

But for her, she doesn't want El to quit nor to lose. The young woman is so talented that most people consider her as one of those who would definitely reach the finals. The Broadway star is purely against this idea of Ellie.

Even if these were the wishes of her protege, deep in her heart, Lea doesn't want to let her go. Not now, not in the near future.

With all these in mind, Lea finally got to fall asleep.