CH37 - Breaking News

Ellie woke up in a room she's not familiar with

Ellie woke up in a room she's not familiar with. She could see tubes and monitors attached to a pole beside her. She looked around her surroundings then she realized that she is in a hospital room.

There was a TV mounted at the wall opposite her bed and a sofa located at the window side of the wall. Nobody was in the room aside from her. She grabbed the nurse call button and clicked on it.

Few minutes later, a lady nurse came to her aide. She was wearing a face mask as she tried to check her vitals. El asked her what happened and who brought her there.

"You're in the ICU Ma'am Ellie. You were brought here last night. Since you're awake, I'll let her come here."

Few minutes later, Joy came in the room asking her how she's feeling right now.

"I-I don't know. I don't remember how I got here."

Joy then provided details of what happened last night. Based from the staff, she collapsed on the dressing room in the middle of her conversation with Nicole. People had been in shock as she fell unconscious. As her body's temperature came to 41 °C and kept on having chills, the medic decided to have her brought to the hospital immediately.

There they found out that she has severe pneumonia.

"Coach Lea was here last night. She just had to go back to bring Nix home. But she said she'll be back here later. And the doctor said that once your fever goes down, we can switch you to a non-ICU room."

Despite assuring the young woman of positive things to look out for, Joy could still feel Ellie's low spirits.

She went outside for the meantime as she calls on the Broadway star to report recent happenings on El.

"Yes Joy?"

"Hello coach. El's already woken up."

"Really? Good Lord. How is she?"

"She's still with the oxygen but other than that, she seems fine. We're just waiting for her fever to go down so we can move her out from the ICU."

"Thanks Joy. Keep me updated. I'll be there later on."

Lea felt relieved upon hearing the news from her team custodian. It's as if a thorn was taken out from her. She couldn't express her worry with what happened to her protege last night.

When she heard one of the staff shouting from the backstage, that Ellie had collapsed, she immediately ran towards the dressing room, leaving Maika without even properly saying goodbye to her. When she came to the place, she could see El's unconscious body being tend to by the medic as they put an oxygen mask on her face.

She asked what happened and it was her daughter who gave her the details.

"We were just talking then suddenly.. Ate El fell down." Tears have been forming in her child's eyes as Nix came to her and hugged her. The kid was shocked in horror as to see her admired ate in that state.