38. Bonding of Brothers

~Bellemy~

After a couple of hours of fake sympathy, and sardonic remarks about my father's fall, I'm at the door with Neveah, thanking the last of our visitors, Angel, Valerie, and Diana.

The young girl gives Neveah a hug and glances up at her with a bit of hope. "Have you had any luck finding Daniella?"

Squirming, Neveah shakes her head. I'm slightly confused about why she isn't being honest because she knows we are literally hours away from bringing all the victims home. Angel pulls me away from the women, not taking his eyes off his daughter.

"I've heard some unsettling rumors that I'd like you to contradict, Mr. Perez."

"If I can, I will, what have you heard?"

"That the Russians have killed one of ours " His voice shakes through the statement. I grab his shoulder and lightly squeeze to try and settle a father's fear.

"There has been talk, but the source is Ellana Keen, to trust her word is like believing you can eat soup with a fork; Idiotic. I assure you there's no proof beyond that."

"That helps some, but I'm losing my faith for the good lord every day my girl isn't home. When I look at Diana, all I can see is that she isn't complete. She's doing better than I expected, but she's clinging onto the hope that your wife keeps her word... I know what my daughter doesn't about this life and that's scary for me as a parent."

Dante snags my sights with a small whistle. I hate to cut and run on a troubled friend, but I also have a life of my own with hurdles to jump. So I hurry to finish my business with Angel.

"I get that you're worried and I wish that I could give you false hope, but until Daniella and the others are home, I won't make myself a liar. What I can do, promise that we are close to getting everyone back. I pray that you get the reunion you seek. Now, I have a guest that needs my attention. Thanks for your support, Angel."

He nods, grasping my hand as we walk back toward the door. "You have my support as long as you need it. I've heard the nonsense our allies have been speaking because of Mrs. Perez, but I don't see anything wrong with a queen who protects her king. I feel a couple who works together makes for a strong team in this business. There are no lies between them to bring them down."

Forcing a smile, I nod. "I appreciate that."

Neveah says her goodbyes to the group and shuts the door, turning to me. "Ready to meet your brother?"

"I am, " I assure and return to the living room, where my family is sitting in an uneasy stillness. The newest family member is standing in front of our padre's portrait with his hands buried in his pockets, rocking in his heels.

Blowing off Enzo's death-glare, I march up to Jeremg and hold my hand out. "Bellemy, the second son."

His grip is strong as he displays apprehension, but even that appearance screams our name. "Jeremy Heavner..the fourth son, from what I'm gathering."

"That's right," Teo howls, clapping his hands loudly. He's high, per usual, and I pray it's not obvious to Jeremy. "You bitches can't call me the titty baby again! I ain't the youngin' no mo'!"

"Ignore that one, " Neveah laughs, shoving him to the side and waves. "It takes a special someone to love Mateo."

I swell with pride as my spouse's bubbly personality starts to ease the mood. Taking her hand, I kiss it, watching her as I speak. "This is mi amor, Neveah."