9- Information

~Nevaeh~

Once we're inside the hanger, I look around and see some empty crates, a few tires, and trash, but no aircraft. Bellemy wraps his arms around me from behind and kisses my cheek, resting his head on mine. I'm starting to feel as though he's been my other half forever. I'm completely comfortable in his arms and I've only been in his presence for 24 hours. If we can work out the kinks, I have no doubts we can be the next Bonnie and Clyde, minus the dead part. He makes me feel unstoppable.

"So what's the update?" Bellemy asks Marcus.

He sighs and draws a folded piece of paper from his pocket. "As of today, there have been 4 people taken. Danielle and Diana, 14-year-old twins of Angel and Valerie Rodriguez. Savanna, 73, mother of Estaban Alcazar. Axel, 4 months old, nephew of Angelo Delgado."

Hearing Marcus's voice as he names off the people missing is unsettling. He's showing no sympathy or worry. Three of the four victims are children and I can't imagine what their parents are suffering through. It's just awful.

"Do we know why these particular people were taken?" My husband inquires.

"No, the only similarity is each victim is from a family that is allied to yours."

"That's not entirely true, " I say. "Whoever is taking these people are snatching ones who are helpless to defend themselves."

"Certainly, but not out of the ordinary" Marcus states. "I mean, you're not gonna find the biggest bull in the field and challenge him, are you?"

Bellemy snorts in my ear. "Don't give her any ideas. She was already the mouse against the gorilla today. I don't need her down in the mud strangling farm animals. Rowan can vouch that she plays dirty."Now, I do feel a bit bad about the damage I did to Rowan. "Back to the matter at hand, do any of these families deal with the ones in Mexico that we have beef with?"

Marcus swivels his head. "No. We've done thorough investigations. Everyone is loyal to your family, Belle."

"Then, what can you tell us? Bellemy said you had some information."

"I do but wasn't sure if I could talk freely in front of you."

I turn my head so that I can see Bellemy's face. His chin presses into my shoulder as he looks at me.

"Can he?" I ask him.

"According to the rules you've given me, yes, but you have to remember some of the things my family does aren't things that I would allow if I was the head of ours. So don't hold it against me."

I nod to let him know I understand so he gives the okay for Marcus to continue. "Well, there have been whispers that your father has Ella running things with your girls in Mexico. She's been seen with Marco Sandavol and we all know where his fortune comes from."

Girls? If this is anything like television, he's referring to women they drug up, force to run drugs, and God only knows what else. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I do know, Bellemy hates it. I also understand there is nothing I can do to change it right now, so I keep my distaste to myself for now.

I timidly raise my hand. "Not everyone, I've never heard of Marco Sandavol, so I don't know how he climbed the ladder."

Bellemy sighs and releases me so he can pace. "Marco does black market adoptions, maids, and brides, along with organs and scripts."