7- Backfire

~Nevaeh~

Waiting on Bellemy to put away his phone after he texts someone, I frown. He's still not taking me seriously. However, when he does give me his attention, I make sure to hold his eyes as my words come out to show him how serious I am. "As I was saying, your mother seems to believe we are destined for a marriage as she has with your father. I won't live with the loathing I saw in her eyes; I refuse."

He nods in understanding, slightly looking relieved by my words. "I know exactly what you're feeling and this falls back to what I was saying last night. I would like to avoid the two of us sleeping around and loathing each other as they are now. I'm not the sharing kind of man and I'm pretty damn sure you'd scalp me and a lover where we laid if you ever walked on me in that position."

"You're being polite, Bellemy," I tease, flattening the lapel of his jacket. "I'd take my time torturing you first."

A hint of a chuckle plays through silences. "You'd enjoy it too, wouldn't you?"

"Of course and you'd deserve it." He grins as my eyes widen, realizing what he said a few seconds before. "Wait, did you say, as they are?"

"I did," He answers.

"So you know about your mom and Lurch?"

"If you're referring to Rowan, yes."

"She said you didn't!" I'm a little surprised, but so damn glad I've been rescued from that mess. Now, I don't have to worry about hurting either of my relationships with them and have no secrets left.

Adjusting a bit so that he's able to face me better, Bellemy scoffs as if I've offended him. "Come on, Nevaeh, I'm no idiot. I'd have to be pretty damn self-absorbed not to see those two are boning. Every time he walks in a room with my mother, he lights up her face with a smile I never got to see as a child. It's not really my place to put a stop to it. Hell, the walls of my home have seen more action from them than me this year."

"If you keep treating me like a helpless girl and not your equal, it will stay that way."

"I'm just trying to protect you," He says, and I know it's true, but I still don't like it. "This life isn't for the weak."

"I'm far from weak and it's my turn to lay out some rules for you." My words bring a visible excitement and I see naughty ambitions swim through his coffee gems as he jerks my arm, tempting me into his lap. I do as he wants, straddling his legs.

"Continue," He tells me, peering up at me while relaxing his head on the seat.

"I get full disclosure on everything! From here on out, I'm involved in it all. There will be no decision regarding things that affect our lives made without me. "

Warm hands creep up the side of my legs and thumbs hook onto the hem of my skirt. They persist in their path, gliding my garment up until it's bunched at my waist, showing off what's beneath. As Bellemy roams his fingers over the silk, red underwear covering my ass, he gazes at me with concentration unbroken, provoking my body to shiver.

"Is that all?" He questions.

Battling my breath, I shake my head. "No, there will be no other people in this marriage. No family, no friends, and damn sure, no exes or sleazy groupies. Our marriage is ours to make worth it, got it?"