16- Known and Unknown

~Nevaeh~

At the sinful club, I'm shocked to see a face from home there. I'm not really sure what to make of his presence because of how I know him. I'm a bit pissed, honestly. It seems all those work hours were a load of bullshit. Mateo grabs the finger I'm using to show the man with and snarls, shaking his head aggressively.

"Don't point! How do you know that man?"

"My friend Daisy is his girlfriend!"

"Daisy Brock?"

"Yeah...How do you know th-" Stopping mid-sentence, my mouth drops. I shake my head, putting together the pieces. There is no way to believe this. How did I not connect the dots or even notice the familiar surname? "Brock? As in...Marcus Brock?"

"Yeeeah," Mateo says it as if I should know this." She's Marcus's wife! How did Rowan miss that?"

"How did Lurch miss it?" I huff. "I want to know how I did? She's been my closes friend for three damn years!"

"That's not important right now," Mateo growls, grabbing my hands. "Has he met you, Vaeh?"

"Well, yeah, like a million times. Sam is cool! He's a CEO of this huge company and...and.-" Taking note of Mateo's tightly smashed lips and sluggish head rotation, I sigh. How can I still be so naive? "My entire life has been a big pile of steaming hot shit served on a silver platter! Everyone I love are lying jerks!"

Mateo puts his hands on my cheeks and makes me look at him. His eyes are just as pretty as his brother's but with a twist of dark green. They reveal a soul as soft as Bellemy's. "We need to leave, like five minutes ago! The man you call Sam is none other than Marco Sandoval."

It dawns on me right then that this can turn sour really quickly if he spots me. "Shit, you're right!"

We fling some money down and venture to leave when a redhead woman blocks the stairs with her shapely figure. She's definitely not one of the workers because she's dressed beautifully in a lavender dress to her knees and black stilettos. She's sporting a gorgeous set of emerald earrings and a silver chain. The look on her face says she loves herself entirely too much. Also, she seems a bit too old to be dancing in cells.

Mateo's lip curves over his teeth on one side as he snarls. "Get your cheating ass out the way, Ella!"

I give myself whiplash, learning her name, bobbing my head between them. My first thought, Eww, no one told me that my husband is a cougar chaser. Ridiculous, I know, but she's so much older than us. There's a slither of hope that I simply misheard him.

"Did you say, Ella?" I ask, nipping at my thumbnail since my hair is hidden under a fake mess.

Mateo hums in reply. "The one and only man-eater of Perez men."

"Aw, you use to love me, brownie!" Ella coos, trying to touch Mateo's face. He jerks his head away. "How's big brother's heart healing?"

I find myself wanting to slap her dentures out so bad because of her comment. I step closer, clenching my fist. She's mocking Bellemy's heartache and that's worthy of a nice smack. Mateo keeps me planted to his side, not taking his vision off her.

"Trust me, he's not sobbing over an old crow like you. He's married. All it took was one glance at her perky body to wipe you and your rice-filled tube socks from his fantasies."