12- Family Mess

~Nevaeh~

I'm stalled in the hall in front of Bellemy's office, debating if I should put myself in this spot. I'm not sure if being alone with my father-in-law is okay. He and Belle definitely had some tension when I first came down the stairs.

He clears his throat as I see the catering workers shuffle through the kitchen doors. I guess with people inside, I can scream if it's needed. Victor scares the hell out of me but I don't want to set him off on day one.
So I do as he asked and walk inside, leaving the escape route open.

The office has a bit of an eerie air about it with its horseshoe-shaped desk and half wall of books and documents behind it. There's a large window, leading to the backyard, but I can't see anyone. The lights are dim which only sets the stage for a tense conversation with a kingpin.

"What can I do for you?" I ask him, fighting to keep my voice steady.

He lifts out of his seat and walks past me, shutting the door. It makes me panic, but I think I may be overreacting. "How are you adjusting here?"

"Perfectly fine, thanks."

"And my son, he's treating you well?"

"Yes, Sir, " I say, feeling my muscles tighten as he circles me.

Stopping to face me, he raises his thick eyebrow. "In every manner?"

A fire starts burning my lungs as I refrain from slapping this man. Is he serious?

"Excuse me?" I ask, even though I don't need him to elaborate.

"You know what I mean, " He huff as if I'm annoying him. " He's handling all your needs, appropriately?"

There it is. Day one and he's already showing the pig behind the mask of charm. He's vile. I cross my arms and growl. "I don't see where that's any of your business!"

Victor holds up his hand, chuckling. "I'm simply wanting to make certain he's doing right by you."

"He's doing more than that!" I inform. "Now, if you'd excuse me, I have a party to get back to."

Victor wastes no time backing me into the door and gets so close, I can smell stale tobacco on his breath. Before I can do anything, he has me pinned by my hands and his body against mine.

I'm a little spooked as I recall Amada's worries because his lips come to my ear as he whispers unpleasant words and positions a hand on my breast.

"I can top anything he makes you feel. You can keep him while I make you feel like the women you really are."

It's disgusting to have this man touch me. It sends nervous tingles through my body as my heart drums in fear, calling nauseous waves to form in my belly.

He attempts to move the sheer of my dress and slide his hand between my legs, but I won't let him tear his son up again or ruin me for him.

Fastening my knees together, I catch his hand, making him gape in shock."Let me go or I'll scream!"

"I don't think you understand exactly what I'm offering."

"I don't need to! You're my father-in-law!" I'm speaking between a locked jaw while trying to keep my legs the same. "Nothing you can give me will make me betray my husband...your son!"