13- Some Comfort

~Nevaeh~

Dragging my feet and a million-pound heart, I'm soon back in the anarchy of the Perez family. They have stopped beating the shit out of each other, however, everyone is trying to over yell the other. After getting tequila, I sit down at a barstool and shake my head. Blah, blah, blah is what I'm hearing along with the ringing of irritation.

"Hello," I say in a sad attempt to quiet them. When that doesn't work, I decide to listen, catching bits of everyone's conversation.

"That's total bullshit!" Mateo yells but I'm unsure of who he's speaking to so I look at Bellemy and Lorenzo.

"How are you gonna believe a girl you barely know?" Enzo questions.

Bellemy snorts in anger. "It's not the first time he's done this!"

"I told you, I was testing her!" Victor argues.

Once again, I try to hush them. "Everyone, stop."

Ignored like the first time, I sigh.

" You sick bastard, all you can do is lie!" Amada screeches.

Carmen points at Marcus as he laughs at my mother-in-law's statement. "Why are you even here?"

He shrugs with a smirk. "Because I can be."

I finish the bottle and stand up, getting a bit wobbly. "Can everyone calm down?"

They're overlooking me still so, I swing my arm up before flinging it down, letting the empty bottle smash to the waxed floor. Everyone freezes and looks my way. "Are we done, children?"

Victor glares. "You started this!"

" I didn't start anything! You and my power high mother did," I remind him.

He looks around, making me smile a bit. At least I got rid of them for now. "Where are your parents?"

"I told them to get out the same way I'm telling you! This party is done!"

"You don't have a say when we end this night! You'll get your ass out there and smile like everyone else!"

I start towards the door, showing him a solid simper. "The only thing I'm doing is putting an end to this bullshit bash!"

I go to walk out, but Victor jerks my arm, steering Bellemy to my rescue. " Get your hands off her, now!"

Victor loosens his hold, watching his son closely as Bellemy slides me away. I sneer, keeping my face straight, but inside, I'm shivering in fear. The old man has an air about him that tells of his cruelty. It's almost like demons surround him and radiate fear-inducing vapors. Understanding that he has power doesn't influence me from wanting to make my mark in his mind. He already knows I'm not defenseless. Still, I need to convince him I won't bend to his name like so many others.

"You'll do no such thing!" He reiterates.

I sneer proudly. "Watch me!" Pulling away from Belle, I storm out of the kitchen and to the backyard. I grab the microphone and clap loudly until everyone quiets. "I appreciate you taking the time to come and celebrate, but we've had a family issue and we have to end it a bit early."

Everyone stares at me like I'm losing my mind and perhaps I am, but I don't care. I want them gone and their slow action clips the last string of my sanity. " What did I just say? Get the hell out of my house! Party is over! Go sip on your haughty booze somewhere else!Geez!"