31. Sweet and Sour

~Nevaeh~

The annoying sound of someone's fist pounding on the bedroom door makes me groan. I shove my husband's shoulder, wanting him to make it quit. He bats my hand down when I try again.

"Yo, yo, " Mateo's muffled voice dances through my sweet silence.

"Go away!" I fuss, pulling the covers over my head.

The handle jiggles, so I sit up, making sure I'm covered. Belle's prediction came to pass. I've grown rather accustomed to my bare ass against the fancy sheets. Clothes never lasted long in the bedroom anyway, so why not go with the flow?

Mateo slinks through the door, frowning when he looks at me. Confused, my mind goes to the worse.

"Is my Papi alright?" I raise my voice unintentionally.

"He's fine, eating breakfast, why?"

My heart settles and I swivel my head. In the month since his arrival, we've had very few setbacks in his recovery and not a peep from our enemies. So I keep waiting for the shoe to drop. I sort of wish something would come about because living in this constant uncertainty is extremely stressful.

"That look on your face, has something happened?"

"You mean other than the fact I announced my presence and missed out on seeing your gorgeous body?"

A pillow flies across the room and smacks Mateo in his face.

"Don't make me kill you before I've had coffee," Bellemy booms, raising to his elbows, picking up his phone. "Why the fuck are you in our room before noon? You know this woman has me slaving at night."

"Slaving, " I scoff. "I didn't hear you complaining last night!"

"Liar, my hand will probably be useless for the next week."

"Your hand?" I laugh, lightly lifting the sheet to show off my ass. "That last smack bruised!"

Bellemy's warm fingers skid over my back cheek as he waggles his brows. "Want me to make up for it?"

"That depends on how your hand feels."

Jerking me on top of him, Bellemy lets an animalistic rumble flow from his mouth. I giggle, playing with the hair of his beard as he pins me down with his loving gaze.

"So, yeah, you guys enjoy that while I go collect the footage from my hidden cameras. I knew my sister-in-law was a freak, I just needed proof!"

Belle looks over my shoulder before chunking me to the side. A fit of laughter storms me. I watch his ass sashay as he charges for Mateo, who instantly runs from the room.

Belle plucks a small figurine off the bar and shakes his head. "Esa pequeña mierda (That little shit)!"

"Please, for the love of all things good, tell me there's not really a camera on that!"

"Oh, I wish I could, mi amour." He picks for a moment before raising a small lens up. "But he's not one to make things up. There's no shame in that one."

"I'm going to wring his damn neck!" I screech, hopping from the bed. As I put on a black, floor-length robe, my frustration builds. "No, I'm gonna shove a spork in his eye so he can't watch it!"

"Whoa, now, killer, " Bellamy cackles, sitting on the bed and stretching his back. "Let's not get too hardcore, here. I mean, a spork is definitely what I imagined would take him from us, but maybe take it down a notch, aye?"