24 - A Brutal Regret

🚫Trigger Warning! This may be upsetting to some viewers!🚫

~Bellemy~

An eye for an eye? My family lives by this. It's the law. We're wronged? Do something terrible. Make your enemy suffer twice as bad. Leave no one unharmed. Show them how unworthy that path was. I've never really had an issue with doing that, didn't exactly care for it, either. The only thing I've really steered away from is hurting children.

I can never claim to have clean hands or that I'm a pure soul. I've been vicious and I've torn homes apart. I've stood by and watched as my father defiled his enemy's wife and felt nothing. I've been unhinged and tortured men for merely thinking about taking what's mine.

However, my actions have always been clearly thought through. Never once have I acted on a whim as I did tonight.

My attack on Baranov was reckless and puppeteered by my heart, not my head. It was the blind fury of a husband's concern. To find him towering over Nevaeh as if he owned her ran my blood cold and my temper hot.

Due to these actions, I'll have to watch my back closely. The Russian doesn't take kindly to being made a fool. Assaulting him could have started a war that won't end well.

As we enter the safe house, Nevaeh wiggles her eyes around the room shortly before she strolls to the black, microfiber sofa and eases herself down. I turn to Rowan.

"Go rest. There's an apartment above the garage. It's all yours while we're here."

"I'm not sure I should settle just yet. This isn't the most hidden haven. That foreign could come here."

"He won't. He's done his tempting for the day, made his presence known. That's how he works, ruffles some feathers and waits for his opponent to work themselves into a frenzy. On top of that, the security team is well trained."

Boosting a brow, he floats his eyes to my wife, who's rubbing around the sores on her knees. "You trying to ditch me for a set of perky tits and tight ass, Sir?"

I chuckle. "If you believe there's even a competition here, there is a serious concern with your smarts, old friend."

"Yeah, yeah, " Patting at the air, Rowan backs out the door. I point at him.

"There's beer in the fridge. I made sure of it."

"That makes up for our lack of hangouts. Enjoy your night, boss. Don't forget protection."

This guy. He doesn't know when to stop. Smirking, I step closer. "A perk to marriage, I don't have to use rubbers anymore."

"I'm not talking about that type of protection. I've seen how she relaxes. You'll need a helmet for sure."

"A helmet?" Rowan shuts the door without elaborating so I shrug it off.

I'm not sure how dangerous resting will be. It's not like she's gonna have me jumping off the roof or crossing a pit of lava on a tight rope.

Eyeing my wife, I think back on our time together and find that just maybe those aren't too out there for this woman.

Spotting me admiring her, Nevaeh grins. "Got any beer in our fridge? I need a good drink."

My head shakes as I slip out of my jacket. "I can do better."

"Oh, " She questions, unclipping her hair. The way it falls over her shoulders like a blanket of chocolate makes my heart scream.