17 - With a Bang

~Nevaeh~

*One hour before explosion*

Marco leads me to the same door he came out of. Behind it, an elevator waits. He casually gestures for me to enter, letting Ella and Mateo follow before he glides out. It's dim-lit and ominous, producing goosebumps as I drift my sights around, avoiding eye contact with anyone and everyone. No one is saying anything. Mateo catches my hand and squeezes when the doors skate open. Again, we move before Marco. It's dropped us off into a huge, onyx room, full of beds, couches, way too many stripper poles, and garnet sheer curtains hanging from the ceiling.

I've stayed pretty settled until this point, however, I'm ready to call in the reinforcements. So many people with no modesty walk around us. I see women and men, drugged out of their minds. They are void of emotion altogether, numb. I never understood the appeal to feeling that way. Maybe it has something to with my pampered life. Mateo tries to keep me close, but Marco practically sits on me as we plant ourselves on a long, silver, leather couch. Since Marco put himself between Mateo and myself, my brother-in-law is forced to rest beside Ella.

"I've got to admit, I had no clue you had any relationship to the Perez family, Nevaeh." Marco states.

"Well, I guess that makes two of us, Sam." I sneer, making my distaste of his lies known.

" Oh, don't look at me that way," He sniggers. "Daisy is very aware of who I am."

"And who is she, exactly?"

"Let's just skip this game and tell me what you want."

"What makes you think I want anything?" I question, leaning my side into the soft cushion and stretching my arm over the back of the sofa. "Maybe, I'm just here to have a good night."

The sleaze raises his brow and puts his hand on my knee. Shoving down the urge to slap his grin off his face, I smile.

" If you want to have a good time, I can make it happen," He points at Mateo."We gotta ditch the child, though."

"No, I like him and so far, you're not making me believe you can hang with us. I'm not a one-man sort of lady tonight."

Ella grabs my hand, pulling it close to her face and I catch Mateo's body tense."How's your husband going to handle this sort of behavior?"

For a second, my confidence falters. I can't believe I forgot to take off my rings. Still, I don't think she'll put two and two together. I snatch my hand back and act bored. "If he was filling my appetite, I wouldn't be here."

"Well, I believe between the two of us, we can make all your dreams come true," Marco says. "Ella, go get us a drink and tell Janet to get my bag. "

Belle's ex glares. "I'm not your bìtch, tell her yourself. I'm here on business."

Marco's fingers tighten around my leg as he snarls at her. Clearly, he has a terrible temper. It hurts like hell, but I bite my tongue to keep from showing it. Mateo thumps his hand. "Don't mark her! Her husband will lose his shit. I promised her tonight would be our secret. Don't make me a liar, penedjo!"

"I don't know if I can control myself with this one. I've always enjoyed her mouth."

Ella giggles before leaning forward, showing everyone her cleavage. "Plus, Bellemy is too stupid to heed the signs. Just do as I did, baby, bat your lashes and distract him with sex. He'll never figure it out."