35. Never Ending

~Neveah~

In a disastrous mess, I am. This wasn't supposed to happen. It's our anniversary; we should be celebrating in our bed, wrapped in each other's arms, not here, not being victimized. Why couldn't Bellemy just hear my pleas? What would it have hurt to plan better? 

I guess I can't say much. My husband was right. I've been all over the charts with my words and behavior, but this is far worse than any situation I've put myself in. Anyone sitting on the outside could see this would only end badly for all parties.

Now, I'm in the slimy clutches of my father-in-law. His hand slithers down my neck and into the top of my dress. His fingers feel like extra coarse sandpaper against my flesh like they're tearing through to the bone. In an attempt to get away from him, I jab my elbow back into his ribs as best as I can. It hurts me, probably as much as it hurts him, if not more.

I have a split second to move a few steps forward before he jerks me back into his hold. Growling like the animal he is, he forces my body to turn and grabs my chin. "The more you fight, the better it is!"

I spit in his face, not caring what he could do. If he's going to kill me, he's going to remember that I didn't go down without a fight.

"Victor, stop this!" Amada screeches, gripping his forearm, trying to pull his arm down. "Her mother will wage war if you kill her!"

He snickers, locking his eyes on her, leaving the spit to flow down his face as a tear would. "Her mother will thank me! This girl is nothing but a roadblock for her. Neveah is just too stupid to see it!"

"And the Russian?" Amada adds, again, trying to save me from his hold. "He's grown attached. Do you think he'll stand for this?"

"I've never feared them!" He yells, nudging his head toward Amada. "Berto, get her inside. Put a man on her until I'm ready to deal with her disloyalty."

I don't have a chance to look at my mother-in-law since Victor's hand slides down to my throat and tightens like vice grips. His other snatches the top of my dress and I hear the button pop and my chest is out for the world to see. Fear kicks me in the ass and I start to fight, but the more I do, the harder his restraint on my neck gets. Images of his devilish features start to come in foggy due to the lack of air.

Finally, I plunge to the ground and gasp for a moment of relief. Before I can fully see again, I hear my husband roar and a loud thud. Blinking quickly, moisture fills my eyes and I take in the sight of Bellemy on top of his father, pounding his fist into his father's face.

The emotions in his eyes are something he never shows me. They're vicious, untamed, and void of any humanity. All I can see was pure hate. 

Slowly, Victor begins to lose his strength to fight back. I quickly redo my top and holler at Bellemy.

"Oso, stop, stop!" It's like I'm not even there.

I want Victor dead as much as him, but I know my husband. He loves his family. It will never matter how black Victor's soul is, he's Belle's father. The same as my mother will always be my mother. I'm angry with her, yet, I'd never be able to live with myself if I had her blood on my hands.

Victor manages to crawl away and get to his feet, so I rush Bellemy, putting my hands on his chest. He looks right through me as he shoves me to the side. He's lost himself in hate. This is the man he never wanted me to witness. Right now, Bellemy isn't his sweet, fun-loving, careful self. He's a predator.  He's not going to stop and I can't let him kill his father.