CHAPTER 33: The Pinnacle

The moment he saw her sitting on the poolside, he just can’t resist going down. She has been on his mind for weeks now. Kahit ayaw niya ay wala siyang magagawa dahil hindi niya mapigilang hindi isipin ito matapos ang nangyari sa kanila sa condo...

He needs to at least go down… Be near her… Talk to her… Look at her… Just to ease the longing he’s feeling… Yes, he still longs for her… Longing and desire may have something in common but it’s far different from love…

When he sat beside her, he just can’t help but to stare at her once again. He can’t help but think na ito pa ang nagkataong makakakita sa kanya sa highway habang umuulan ng malakas. He just couldn’t believe that of all people, she’ll be friends with Seth, one of his closest friends…

Just when he thought their paths are never gonna cross again. Here they are… talking just like an old acquaintance… And when he looks at her, he makes sure he’s seeing everything she’s doing… Trying to observe any movements that may differ from what she was before… Any mannerisms that she doesn’t have before… He may have said this many times… But it’s been so long that he hasn’t seen such a beautiful face…

When he and Kats was in the pool, he saw her laughing really hard… He was able to hear her old laugh… not the one he heard a couple of nights ago at the party… She just seems so happy… And he can’t help but smile at her… When their eyes met… He saw her smiled back… But he could tell it’s just a friendly smile… By the looks of it, it’s like she’s trying to insinuate that they could be friends…

Friends? With her?... No way… They can’t be just friends… because he desires her… so much… And friends aren’t like that… Unless, it’s gonna be friends with benefits… But his not buying that… It just seems too complicated… And as far as he knows, he doesn’t want to be involved with her anymore… Yeah right, it’s easier said than done…

Seth: Guys, gusto niyo mag-hiking? Taz camp-out tayo kahit two nights…

Katsumi: Wow! Nice idea, Seth! Gusto ko yan!

He can hear everyone agreeing. But she is not saying anything…

Lester: Sang lugar ba pwede mag-hiking, pare?

JC: Mount Pulag would be great!

Then, all are talking. Everyone seems to be excited with the planning. He can’t help but wonder if she’s coming…

Katsumi: Mikay, sama ka ha?...

She seems skeptical.

Seth: Sige na, Mikay. Para naman makapag-relax ka muna bago sabak sa work…

Mikay: Pero two nights lang talaga ha? May ASAP pa ko sa sunday eh…

Seth: Oo… Two nights lang… Ikaw, Gino… ‘Wag kang tatanggi ha! Para naman masikatan ka rin ng araw… Ginagawa mo ng araw ang gabi mo eh…

He saw her looking at him. She seems interested on what he’s gonna say…

Gino: Oo, pare, andami mo ng sinabi… Pupunta ako…

Alam  niyang may mali sa ginagawa niya. It’s like he’s entering a danger zone. But he can’t help it. He just wants to be around her…

_____________________________________

Kasalukuyang busy si Mikay sa pag-check kung wala na ba talaga siyang nakakalimutan na i-empake. Tumingin siya sa orasan. Alas-siyete na ng gabi. Dadaanan na lang daw siya ng van ni Seth mamayang alas-nuwebe. Aaminin niyang excited talaga siya. She has never experienced hiking before. Pero siguro ay mas nagbigay ng excitement sa kanya ang kaalamang kasama si Gino…