Day Thirty

I had been cleaning the dishes from this morning's breakfast while everyone was gathering around the pool for their last swim. I was just trying to take in the last moments I was going to be here. I had woken up early and Bobby almost didn't realize it was the finals. Everyone was excited and jittery. Henrik even told me about this strange and awkward dream. Lottie said it was a symbol of the future. I said it was a deep-seated fear that he needed to deal with. But during breakfast, my eyes never left the idiot.

Noah had been quiet, which wasn't new for him, but he was usually a barrel of smiles. Hope was gathering everyone around and discussing how the money was going to make or break it tonight.

"And you see you're true colors shining through!" I started singing as I plated the food. Hope glared at me, but there was nothing we could do about it now. We were all in the finals and I had Bobby.

Last night was crazy. I finally let go of Neil, finally got Noah to take the hint, and finally got everything packed! I needed to make sure everything was put away in the proper place. But, Lottie wanted to talk. I didn't know why she wanted to talk strategy right at that moment. It was irrelevant. It was all up to the audience. Bobby and I had gone through struggles in this place, real big ones, and we overcame them.

Chelsea had asked while we were cooking, yes I was not letting Chelsea in the kitchen alone if she thought Bobby and I were going to make it on the outside. Of course, we were... at least we were going to try. I wasn't lying when I had told our doll Ruby I wanted to marry him. I really did. But going on the outside, how was that going to be like? Chelsea was just worried about her and Henrik, which, if I'm honest, was not going to happen. She's too flighty and he's too down to earth.

I looked at my dress for tonight. It was a show stopper for sure. It was an old pageant dress that I never donated, it just was perfect for tonight. I had not worn it before but thought if I got to the finale this would be the one. Did I think I'd be here with Bobby? No way.

---

"Hey Krystal, fancy a quick chat in a minute?" he asked looking at her with those big eyes. She finally raised her brown eyes to meet his hazel ones. She hesitated, looking behind him to see if anyone was around.

"Um, sure... I'd like to talk with you." Her hands tugged at the bottom of her dark chocolate hair. I bet she smelt like a perfect chocolate chip cookie. He flopped down on a daybed and smiled up at her. But then she smiled down at him as she spoke. Oh damn, that smile was going to be the death of him. She put her sunglasses on the top of her sun hat and he could clearly see the chocolate brown eyes that were sparkling just a little bit as she looked into his. At first, he didn't know what to say, so he just went for it.

Bobby had been recalling the moment he took the opportunity to talk to Krystal alone. He had been sitting on the day beds and watched her taking pictures with Lottie and Chelsea. Her hair didn't smell like chocolate chips. It smelt like peppermint vanilla cookies. She had the biggest sweet tooth. She was cute when she was angry. She made him happy when he was blue. She was his sunshine.

"So Bobs," Gary said as he took a seat with him, "What are you doing when you get out of here?"

"Mate, I'm going to bring Krystal to meet my mates. It's only right they get to know her."

"You two think you're gonna make it out there? My money's on you two, but you never know."

"Gaz! Why do you have to put negative juju out there, bruv?!"

Gary laughed and sat back.

"Bobs, I'm worried about Nan... I don't think she's gonna like Lottie. No matter how much she changed in here."