Day Twenty-Two

I felt someone was looking at me while I slept. I opened my eyes in the early morning and saw Neil smiling down at me.

"Good morning, darling" I rubbed my eyes and noticed everyone else was still asleep. I smiled up at Neil and sighed. Last night... man, it was amazing.

"Today should be an interesting day," Neil said smiling at me. I felt my cheeks blush. He was still thinking he had me, but I didn't want to tell him... he didn't deserve it. Last night I was just exhausted from everyone fighting to mess too much with him.

"It feels like the others are starting to think about life after the Villa already. What's the first thing you'll do when you get back home?" His hands were brushing through my hair. I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

"You think we're getting kicked out soon?"

"No, I think you and I could win, actually. Ex-lovers reconnecting and winning it all? It's the perfect story. Plus... I've got the most beautiful woman on my arm again." I tried to swallow the bile coming up.

"Well, hopefully, I can defend my dissertation and get my dogs back from Joanne."

"Who is Joanne?"

"My roommate. She's incredible...." Wait a minute...

"Darling, who is Jamie?"

"She was my Big Sister at the sorority house! Remember? She's the one who hated your frat with a passion?" He smiled and recalled the memory of her. The doorbell rang and I welcomed Jamie to the apartment. She smiled and hugged Neil. I went to find the bottle opener for the wine she had brought and noticed our bottle opener was missing.

"Pumpkin, did we lose it?"

"That's odd. Darling, let me go find one at Joanna's place downstairs." Joanna was our downstairs neighbor. She was so sweet.

"Thanks, pumpkin." He kissed me softly and left me with Jamie. We talked about everything from school to the upcoming Miss. World, to possible graduate school. Time just flew by and Neil had still not returned.

About forty-five minutes later he came up and handed me the bottle opener. He looked like he ran a mile when it was just down the stairs. Jamie glared at him, but I was oblivious...

I found myself back in the Villa looking up at Neil, suddenly panicking. What if he was going to choose me again tonight? What would happen? Would he want to sleep with me? I had not done anything but kiss the man. Then again... he didn't push me to sleep with him... because he was most likely sleeping with Chelsea.

"Darling, if you had to pick one girl to go home, who would it be?" That was a big question... I didn't have a grudge with any of these girls... but I'd rather Elisa and Jo weren't here. But the way I saw Rahim glowing around Jo, I had a feeling he was going to pick her. I loved Shannon but her reaction to how Rahim was with Jo was just... it didn't sit with me well.

I was about to answer him when everyone started getting up. I shrugged my shoulders and started stretching. I looked over and noticed Noah and Lottie were in the bed next to us. Bobby was going on about Scops owls... which are a legit thing. Noah was looking at me like there was something he was going to say something but thought better of it.

"Bobs, that's an incredible impression, but is there any food? I'm so hungry." His eyes were glittering as he looked at me. Last night on the roof... let's just say I replayed it over and over again in my dreams.

"Well, now I've heard Bobby's mating call, I've heard everything. But I'm with Krystal, I"m famished," Gary said, smiling at me. Gary had been smiling at me all through dinner last night... and had been giving me puppy eyes all morning... was I imagining things.... I had to be... Everyone was feeling comfortable and sitting on each other's beds... Gary had somehow sat at the bottom of mine and Neil's. Neil was now sitting with Elisa and Jo. I liked Gary... but was he still into me?! It had to be the food from last night!