Day Twenty-Nine

"No, try this one on!" Chelsea said as she threw another dress in my arms. We had gotten an early morning text that we were going to be having a Prom that night. The finale was happening in one night and we were celebrating. We snuck out early to go to the swankiest boutique I've been in such a long time. I used to be in gown shops weekly. There was something so magical about picking out the perfect dress. I had wished I knew what color Bobby was going to wear. Knowing him it was going to be something that reflected him. Last night's date outfit was so nice... except for that bandana! This time, knowing it's a prom, he's gonna be more like him.

"Babe, how does this look?" Hope asked, coming out in a bright blue dress. I shook my head. It did nothing for her.

"Krystal! What about this one?" Hannah had come out in a dark green one. That was not right. It didn't fit her personality.

"Switch with Hope."

"Really?!"

"Trust me. Please. I'm a professional." They got back in their dressing rooms and swapped their dresses. Lottie had found her's on the first go. It was super lacy and racy at the same time.

"I want Noah to think I look majorly hot, but the best way of doing that is to find something that makes me feel amazing." Hope had walked out and I grinned.

"I think you found it, babe."

Hope looked at herself in the mirror and it was like she had won the show.

"Wow... you have such an eye, Krystal!" Hannah had come out in the blue dress and I grinned.

"Oh my gosh, Han, not that one! You look like someone out of a Jane Austen novel."

"I know!" Hannah and I said together. We laughed and grinned over at Lottie.

"Got to go with the color and the personality, babe."

"Do I look okay?" Hannah asked as she walked out in the shimmering pink dress. She made me think of Elle Woods from Legally Blonde.

"Perfect! Stunning!"

"Excuse me, miss... but are you Krystal Vasquez?" The shop keeper had come up to me and smiled wider.

"Yes, I am."

"We knew it! You were so elegant in your Miss American evening wear. We wanted to show you an exclusive design. We'd love for you to wear it tonight."

The look on my face must have shocked these women. I had never thought that I'd be offered something like this. Chelsea clapped her hands and shoved me along. At the back of the boutique, there was a sewing room. I felt like I had traveled back to my past. I'd go to see designers for exclusive dresses. I needed to have the best. As we passed the working men and women I stopped in my tracks. In the middle of the room was the most beautiful, most sparkling dress I had ever seen.

It had to be mine.

---

Bobby fumbled through the dressing racks. Nothing shouted out to him. He knew what Krystal would be expecting, but he needed to reflect his quirky personality. He had gone to his prom and had a blast. He didn't remember much of it since he was wasted by the end of it. In the corner of the one at the end, he noticed something different. It was a powder blue, almost aqua-colored dress jacket. There were a pair of shorts attached to it. Bobby grinned. This was his!

They had been practicing all morning for the special dance with the girls. Noah was pretty good at instructing them. Gary had stepped on his toes a bunch of times. They hadn't noticed the girls had returned from their shopping trip. The look on Krystal's face made him think that she had found the one.