Day Twenty Four

My phone kept buzzing. I just wanted to sleep. Couldn't a girl who had done a full-on burlesque scene last get some shut-eye for one day?! I turned over and pulled my phone on. There was a message...

Krystal, a new Islander is waiting to go on a date with you. Please be ready to leave the Villa in one hour.

I had a date?! With a new islander?!

Bobby was sound asleep and I didn't want to wake him. I slowly got up and noticed...

"Gary?" He was pulling on his pants and looking at me all innocent-like.

"Hey, I didn't wake you, did I?" he asked as he zipped up his jeans.

"No, I'm going on a date."

"Hey! Me too!"

We both stare at each other and blink rapidly.

"Wait... how many of us are going on a date?"

Gary looked around and saw no one had stirred.

"Looks like it's just us. It'll be a right laugh! Just got to get on with it!"

Lottie stirred from her sleep and sat up.

"Get on and do what? Why are you putting on clothes?"

I noticed Gary blushing as I pulled out clean underwear and my shoes.

"I've... er... got a date?"

I waited for the gauntlet to be thrown.

"A DATE!?"

Someone in bed rolled over and grumbled and others start to put pillows over their heads. Lottie noticed and lowered her voice to a hiss.

"You've got a date? With who? And you weren't going to tell me?"

"Lozza, please, I literally just found out, hun. Calm it."

She scowled at Gary and scrunched up the sheets in her lap. Lottie could be very vulnerable and the fact that Gary was going on a date this morning... It looked like she was terrified.

"Hun, don't worry. I have one too. I'll keep on eye on Gaz."

Lottie looked like she eased up a bit.

"I guess that makes it slightly better if it's not just him..."

Gary kissed Lottie and headed to the guys' dressing room. That made me think... Maybe I should let Bobby know about this. I kissed his cheek and shook his shoulder.

"Wha? What's going on?"

He looked so adorable!

"Babe, I've got a text. I'm going on a date."

Bobby shot up so quickly, his face falling as he rubbed his eyes.

"Well, that's not the nicest thing to wake up to." His face looked like he was shot in the heart. "Thanks for telling me. Have a nice date, Princess. I'll be here when you get back. As if I could be anywhere else..."

I rolled my eyes as he leaned in and kissed me. He had morning breath... but it was okay. He snuggled back up into the duvet and drifted off to sleep. I was so conflicted. It was nice to know that I was still date-worthy, but I loved Bobby. I don't know who thought they could just come in here and try to stir the pot.

Gary and I sat in the Jeep and tried to figure out who on earth these people were or what they might be like. Gary was more interested in what kind of food they would be serving. Old reliable Gary. We arrived at the small countryside where I first met Lucas and Henrik. God, that felt like forever ago.