Day Twenty Three

I felt something soft stroke my cheek and I moaned softly. Bobby's voice pushed through the darkness.

"Krystal... wake up, gorgeous."

My eyes fluttered open and I saw him standing by the bed, fully dressed and smiling down at me. My heart wanted to explode.

"Morning, sleepyhead." In his hands were two steaming mugs. "Made you a cuppa."

I pushed myself up and rubbed my eyes. No one else was around. Bobby passed me the drink with the mug handle pointing towards me so I didn't burn myself. He's so damn sweet! I took a sip and felt so instantly relaxed.

"So everyone let me sleep in?"

"No, it's not that late. I just thought you needed some rest. I think you were worn out after round two." He gave me a wink. He wasn't wrong! He settled down at the end of the bed drinking and looking at me with those amazing eyes.

"I'm so glad we're, like, solid now. We've had our ups and downs and everything... but this feels right." His hand touched my leg and I felt myself smiling. "It'll be so weird when we're out of here and we actually get to do real-life couple things. Meet each other's mates and take turns doing the washing up. I can't wait to do all those real-life everyday things with you."

Just the thought of those things was warming my heart. Me and Bobby, cuddled up in bed, in our own apartment, me running to the lab and him heading out to the hospital. Coming home... cooking a quick meal and watching TV... My mind drifted even further. Bobby meeting my parents... Bobby meeting my nieces... Bobby down the aisle of my church waiting for me...

I shook myself awake when I felt his hand stroke my hair.

"When we get out I'd love to take you on a proper date. Your favorite kind of date, whatever that is!"

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah! Where would be your, like total dream date?"

That was a hard question. I smiled and leaned into him.

"On top of a mountain!"

He laughed and kissed my nose.

"Oh, that's pretty daring."

"What about you? Where can I take you on your dream date?"

"Duh! Adult ball pool bar! We'll play hide and seek in a ball pool pit. But I'll actually lose myself and won't be able to find the surface so you'll have to swim to my rescue! And then someone will probably step on my toe and then you'll be guided by the sounds of my cry out from the pain. Then because we're such a loveable couple we'll make friends with the toe steeper and just have a whole night with our new mate!"

"Bobby, my love, that was oddly specific."

He broke out into the biggest smile.

"I always have a plan... with you, I need to plan ahead. I want to make our first outside date special."

I kissed him softly and took in his sweet scent.

"I'll be with you. That means it'll be special."

The world was good. Even Lottie and Gary were giving each other pet names.

"It's nice that I can call you princess out and about now... princess."

I giggled and pushed him playfully and hopped off the bed to get ready.

"Come on, captain... We've got a big day ahead of us."

---

Bobby watched her sit outside and laugh along with Chelsea. Bobby was in true love glow. He had been thinking of a million ways how to tell her he loved her. Was it going to be under the stars tonight? Was it going to be at the finale? Was he going to do it when they were in their apartment? Bobby had been thinking about the future. He wanted to just go out there, pull her in his arms, and say the words...