Day Eighteen

It was all a bad dream. It had to be. I was going to wake up in my apartment with Joanne yelling at me to get up. It was going to be another day at the gym and the lab with Greg and his bitchy fiance. But as my eyes fluttered open I was greeted with Spanish sun. UGH! It was real. I was not imagining it. I was still on this damn show with my heart shattered into a million pieces... AGAIN! But no tears were running down my face. Once the realization of where I was, I went into my robotic state. I pushed the blanket off me and saw I was still in my sparkling romper. I saw a glass of OJ and a note from Chelsea.

"Babe, come see me. We need to talk." Ugh! Chelsea... what was she playing at? I took a drink and went to get dressed. The door opened and Lucas was there.

"Oh! I'm sorry," he said blushing.

"No, you're fine. I'm just going to take a shower and hit the gym."

"Hey," he said, touching my hand, "I know that last night was..."

"Lucas, it's not the best time. I can't feel right now. It's too much for me." He took my hand and kissed it softly.

"Take your time. I'll be up here if you need a shoulder to cry on." My hand landed limply at my side. I headed to the shower. It looked like it was cleaned. I took a fast one and ran to get my gym clothes on. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I pulled my headphones on as I found my lifting gloves and tape. I needed to lift something heavy and punch something.

After I finished wrapping my hands I opened the door and slammed into a large body. Neil was staring at me, his mouth gaping.

"You're going to the gym, darling? Want some company?" I pushed past him. I didn't want to hear his pet name or pretty words.

"Hey," he grabbed my hand and turned me to him. "Last night was intense. We need to talk." I pulled my headphones out from one ear.

"You want to talk? Meet me at the gym by the punching bag. I have to hit something, and though I'd love to hit you right now, you're not my problem, for the first time!" He laughed and put my other headphone in my ear.

"Of course, darling." I got to the bottom of the stairs and found Blake giggling at Noah. Hope was glaring at her. Lottie was chatting with Bobby. I just rolled my eyes and turned to head to the gym.

"Hey! Krystal... wait..." But I ignored them all. I didn't have time to deal with their crap. I had enough on my mind. I felt someone grab my arm. This time, it was Lottie.

"Babe... you missed it last night. There is going to be a public vote off tonight."

"Wha... what?" I pulled my headphones out. She showed me the text from last night.

Islanders, the public have been voting for their favorite couples. The couples that receive the fewest votes will face being dumped tomorrow night.

I looked up at Lottie, her face was full of fear.

"What does that mean for us?"

"Probably another twist..." she turned to see who else was coming down. Neil had just made his way down the stairs, Chelsea at his heels, chatting in his ear.

"Second first chances, babe! That's what I'm talking about!" She froze when she saw me there. I sighed and looked back at Lottie.

"Let me go and hit something."

---

Bobby had been working in the kitchen all morning. She hadn't noticed him there as she was talking to Lottie. He had been watching her in the tight gym clothes. Her hands were wrapped up like she was ready to beat the crap out of anyone who came near her and she was just... not herself. The worst part, he saw the way Neil was still grafting on her. He took her out to the gym. His hand was on her waist but she shook him off.