Day Thirteen

When Bobby woke up something felt wrong. He looked over and Krystal was still there. She was staring up at the ceiling. He wondered if she was contemplating what was going to happen tonight. Last night she told Hope she was putting her feelings about Noah to the side. She gave up her happiness for him. How could he ask her to do that for him?

She'll never be happy with you. She'll never love you...

Bobby pushed away those negative thoughts. He needed her... she was like the air he breathed. He needed it to survive. The lights suddenly popped on as Gary snuck back into the room. He looked like he was half asleep.

"Oy, Gary, what are you doing?" Rahim said lifting his head up from the covers. Gary had a guilty look on his face. He refused to answer anyone's questions. Everyone kept grilling him. They didn't do that when Bobby and Krystal had come back... well, they came back together... Gary was alone.

"Ugh! Seriously, can we just quiet down... I barely had any sleep. Let Gary have his privacy, please." Why was she defending Gary?

"Yeah, come on. I just want a bit more sleep." Gary looked over at Bobby and had this look at him like he was completely wasted from that night. Bobby watched Hope sit up and stretch while Noah was curled up in bed, with just the top of his head visible above the duvet.

"Come on everyone, it's time to get up!" She got up and began stretching in front of Jakub's bed. "Another day in paradise." She was mighty chipper. She got everything she wanted. She got Krystal to back off her feelings for Noah and she got Noah to... well he wasn't too sure what Noah gave up. But the thing was, Bobby wasn't sure how she was holding back her feelings. She usually wore them on her sleeves. Bobby looked down at her again. She was there, but there was a part of her that wasn't. She had lost her friendship with Noah and Priya for who? Hope? Him? He saw her sigh and get up, not even acknowledging him, and headed to the dressing room. He thought it was best to make himself busy. He wanted to make cupcakes for tonight's recoupling... he needed this night to go well.

"Hey," Marisol said as she came into the kitchen. Bobby had finished his masterpieces and had been placing them in the freezer.

"Hey! What's going on?"

"Can we talk?" she asked. That was concerning. Marisol rarely wanted to talk. Something must have been on her mind.

"Sure, what's going on?"

"Let's go to the roof, please... I don't want anyone to overhear." Something was really wrong! The two of them rushed upstairs carrying cups of coffee. Once on the roof Marisol wrapped her arms around herself.

"Bobby... I'm afraid Lucas is going to choose Priya at the recoupling!" Bobby's eyes almost bugged out.

"What?! He hasn't been around her since he's been with you."

"I know, but I see the way he looks at her... just like Noah... does with Krystal." Bobby groaned. Everyone saw how he was with her.

"Listen, there's something strange going on... I can feel it... Don't you?" Bobby didn't want to admit it, but he did. The door opened and Krystal was there in that turquoise bikini he loved on her. Her smile seemed to be back, but her eyes still looked distant. His eyes flickered to her hands, she had her dance shoes in them.

"Hey, guys, what's going on?" Marisol patted the spot next to her and Krystal took it. Bobby would have rathered her next to him, but something told him Marisol needed some additional comforting.

"Bobby and I were just talking about the weird vibe in the Villa. Have you noticed it?"

"Something's not right today. I can feel it... It's not a bad vibe like before... ya know..." Bobby said trying to work around the Ministry of Sound Party fiasco, "More like it's something new and different." Krystal bit her lip.