Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Did you guys do the deed?

Becca's POV

----------

I awake to the sound of rustling going on in the far distance, this causes me to open my eyes. Before I can really take in my surroundings I remember everything. The kiss, the movie, Loki <3, and pretending to fall asleep. If someone had to name only one person to be the most pathetic human being ever, than that would be me. It all started when I had a feeling the movie was coming to a close, at that point I knew it would be extremely awkward once the movie finally ended. End of movie = Talk about the kiss. At that point, I wasn't ready to become a blushing mess hence the reason why I pretended to fall asleep.

Although I only knew James for a bit, I have come to know what kind of person he is. He wouldn't wake me up and insist I go home. What I didn't expect was for James to kiss my forehead, wrap me up in a sheet, and leave him room seconds later. That didn't go as planned. He was supposed to stay and we could sleep together. Believe me, I mean that in the cleanest way possible.

"Becs?"

I lifted my head to where I heard the sound. To the right of me James is standing by his closet and giving me a weird look.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked while sitting up straighter on the bed. I quickly felt discomfort as soon as I did so. Jeans, I hate sleeping with jeans.

"I should be asking you the same question, you was just staring at nothing while grinning."

"What can I say? I'm an happy person." I responded back.

"More like a crazy person" I heard James say under his breath.

"I heard that" I said.

"Good at least we know your ears are working." James mumbled as he continued to look through him closet.

"What, Professor James Carter making a joke? this is unheard of" I said sarcastically followed by a laugh.

James laughed along with me. "Don't call me professor unless we're in class."

The weight of what he said really got to me. This is the first time that I felt that what we are doing isn't so bad. Yeah I like my professor, and apparently he does too...get over it.

"Yes Professor." I said while batting my eyes at him, just wanting to see his reaction.

"You will be the death of me Becs." James groaned and went back to scavenging through his clothes.

"What are you looking for?" I asked while getting up from his comfortable bed.

"Clothes for work, Today is vest day in the Allied Health department and I have a meeting with my publisher after work so I shouldn't be dressed to formally, Al is an old friend." James explained. [Outfit on the side]

"Publisher, you have a publisher?" I asked. This is the first of me hearing this.

"Yes." was all James said. Damn why is he so vague all of a sudden?

James' closet is very neat and organized. The closet is very spacious and can hold a lot of clothes. His closet is nothing like mine, lets face it i'm a mess.

"Alright step aside, let a woman handle things" I said.

This cause James to chuckle.

I easily pulled out a brown belt, a brown vest, an burnt orange tie with navy blue on it. My thoughts for the tie was that I can pair it with a dark wash denim jean so that it can match.