Chapter 3

Chap 3

What...Professor Carter is here?

-Picture of Charlotte ----->

-----------

Professor Carter's POV

"Okay guys that's about it see you all on Monday and enjoy your weekend." I said to my last class.

Once the class filed out of the classroom I packed my bag and was about to leave when I was stopped by Carlos, the school's janitor.

"Hey James, I'm glad I caught you before you left. On Wednesday I went to take out the garbage and there looked to be some important papers. I think it was thrown in there by mistake." Carlos said while removing the tan cap that covered his bald head.

"Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about, Are they blue?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Yep, I have them down in the janitor office if you want them."

"Yeah, I'll just head over there now, Are they on your desk? I asked securing the strap of my messenger bag.

"Yep, On the left side."

"Thank you Carlos." I said while walking out and heading towards the basement where the janitor's office was located.

--------------------------------

"What up bro!" My brother said as soon as I entered my house.

"Get your feet off the coffee table Damien!" I said while placing my jean jacket in the coat closet.

"Dude, I swear you're a girl!" Damien said sitting up with big blue eyes staring out at me.

Damien is my younger brother and we so happen to live together, Things has gotten real bad once mom passed from Breast Cancer. So since then I took my younger brother under my wing once he turned 18. Now he is 23, a year younger than I am.

"Just because I like to keep things tidy doesn't mean I'm a woman." I said while sitting next to him on the Burnt Sienna couches we have in the family room.

"You're definitely the opposite of mom." Damien said while shaking his head.

He was right, My mother, Carmen, was basically a slob, Every time she enters the house she drops off all her belonging on the floor, It was quite funny and I was always the one who cleaned up after her.

"Okay I'm going up to my room."

I walked up the stairs to my room. I'd like to say my room was a typical guy's room...Nothing but a King size bed that Damien convinced me to get, a 45 inch flat screen TV that sat across from my bed and two night stands that were black. The walls were painted grey and blue which matched my comforter/duvet, and a desk that had my Mac book Pro so I can do all my grading in. Last but not least I have an off black carpet.

Sitting on the desk I took out the 19 Blue packets that I wasn't planning on grading but I got to say, I am curious to see what my students actually wrote.

Glancing at all the papers I noticed about half of them haven't even completed it, Some of them answered all the questions but not all of them were right. I was just about to give up when a name popped up.

Becca Mclarin.

In her nice handwriting, out of all the students she was the one that I actually remembered. There is just something about her that makes me want to know more about. I shook the thought out of my head and started to read what she wrote.

To my surprise all the questions were right and all of them were complete! I felt my hands get clammy, That only happens when I'm nervous about something, but why? I'm not nervous why is my body reacting this way?