Chapter 23

Chapter 23

If only you knew

---------------

Charlie's POV

I was back from Oregon. It feel's good to be back in California. Oregon was a great place to relax and rethink my situation. During that truth or dare I heard some things that wasn't too pleasant but the stinging words by Skylar was engraved in my head the whole 3 days ive been there.

Grow up and figure out what you want before they do it for you. 

I figured out what I wanted... I no longer was going to play these games, and If Damien felt the same way then great... If not then that just sucks for me. 

I tried calling Becca since I arrived but I received her stupid voice mail... She seriously needs to change that by the way. 

"Hello everyone you have reached me... B-E-C-C-A what does that spell? Becca!! Anyway leave me a message or don't...I most likely wont lis-"

Her voice message would usually cut at that point because she went over the time limit. 

So that is how I found my self in front of the McLarin's household. I walked up the concrete pavement and rung the doorbell to give her a lift for school like I usually do. Moments later Becca's mom opened the door and smiled wider once she saw me.

"Charlotte dear, how are you?"

"I'm good. Glad to be back." I responded back as politely as I could.

"Oh that's right you went to Ontario right?"

"Oh no, Oregon...the next state over." I replied back with a smile trying to hold back a laugh. She is just so adorable.

"Yeah, So is Becca ready yet?" I asked.

"Becca? I assumed she stayed over yours last night. She hasn't come back home yesterday." Becca's mom said now looking worried.

I wondered why Becca wasn't home and wouldn't tell her mom. That's so un-Becca like.

"Just kidding! I fooled you right? I just wanted to prank someone and you know.. get it out of my system." I said lying through my teeth.

"So Becca did stay the night at yours?" 

"Yes... She is probably eating breakfast now, you know how much she likes pancakes. 

Becca's mom looked at me as if im crazy.

"Okay dear, I'll see you around."

I nodded my head and headed towards my car.

 If Becca isn't here then where the heck is she? I asked myself.

-----------------

James' POV

She's beautiful, simply beautiful. She reminds me of a Greek goddess with her curly hair and tanned skin. All she is missing is a toga and...

I cut my thoughts right then and there, scared of what else would come to mind. I was showing signs of potentially thinking like Peter, and we all know how bad that can be.

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened yesterday. We kissed and it was just...

-Flashback-

Her lips were so soft and tasted like cherries, probably from her chap stick.

I was quick to stop the kiss so that no one would see us... the door wasn't locked after all.

"Why you stop?" Becca said, now with a cute pout on display.