Chapter 12

Chapter 12

It's not polite to stare

-------------

Becca's POV

"He said what?" I asked in shock.

I was on the phone with Charlotte. As soon as I said hello she quickly bombarded me with how her day went and how awful her life really is.

"Do you want me to come over?" I asked trying to find a way to reassure her that everything is fine and how it's not the end of the world.

"No, there is way too much tension in the air at the Baine house hold. Is it okay if I come over?" Charlie asked in a hushed tone.

"Yeah come on over."

"I'll be there in 20."

And with that she hung up. I waited the long 20 minutes since Charlotte lives on the rich part of town.

----------

"Charlotte!!!"

I heard a distant yell coming from my little sister Skylar downstairs. This must mean Charlie's here.

I quickly got up from my bed but stopped immediately once I felt a sharp pain on the side of my body. I rubbed the area and felt better soon after I'd done that.

Walking down the hardwood steps I glanced towards the door and saw Skylar attached to Charlie's hip.

"Sky get off of Charlie... She's not having a good day." I said getting irritated at my little sister's antics.

For a 15 year old she could be so clingy. Sky doesn't exactly look like me. I mean we both have the curly hair but the difference between the two of us is her brown eyes and how she is 5'4. I have hazel eyes and stand at 5'2. I say this to my self everyday. It kind of sucks having a sister who is 3 years younger than you and is taller than you.

"Come on Charles." I said heading upstairs. I stopped once I didn't hear her footsteps following me.

'"Why aren't you following me?" I asked.

"You called me Charles." Charlotte reasoned.

"I know, what's wrong with it?"

"It makes me sound like a boy."

I held back a laugh.

"So Charlie sounds more feminine?" I asked while crossing my arms.

"Touché."

-------

Charlotte's POV

I entered Becca's room and was greeted with clothes all over the floor.

"Becca, do you seriously have to make a mess of your room?" I asked.

"What's wrong with it?" She asked.

"Beside the fact that I'm tripping over everything I step on?" I asked.

"Whatever, you sound like my mother." Becca said while rolling her eyes.

I cleared up her bed from all the clothes she had on it and told her everything that happened just hours ago.

-------

Becca's POV

"Was James there?" I asked.

I know it was a random thing to say but I couldn't get this man out of my mind.

"No Becca he was not there." Charlotte shot back.

"You know what you need to relax! Let's go to a bar." I offered.