Chapter 19: Bubblegum Bitch.

Chapte 19: Bubblegum Bitch.

"What do you mean statutory rape is being added to his list of offences? Who the Fuck did he 'rape'?" I demanded the answers that moment. Rage pulsed through my veins, I had to reject the urge to punch our lawyer square in the face. I had to meet up with him to go over the charges that were against Juice.

Today I was your perfect prude work of art in a bubblegum pink skirt from the 60's, a white long sleeved shirt with a floral embroidery that was tucked into the skirt that sat well on my waist, and a powder blue jacket. I had my hair done up nicely and everything. I felt like such a prude.

Joshua McGraw adjusted his tie nervously as he sat behind him desk in the law firm that he owned in town. He peered down his nose at the file then looked back up at me squarely.

"Mr Ortiz had sex with a minor, that minor was you." He told me casually; as if he just told me that it was raining outside and not that my fiancé is being charged with raping me.

"That's bullshit, I was 17 when we had sex. The legal age is 16." I sneered the cold truth at him point blank. He frowned and shook his head.

"The age of consent was only lowered to 16 a few years ago. When you and Mr Ortiz engaged in sexual activities the legal age was 18." Joshua blathered that in my face proudly. He's not a huge fan of Juice and would rather him be behind bars. Joshua has had this little crush on me ever since I came to Charming and offered to work as an assistant. As HIS assistant.

"Can I drop the sexual assault charges, right? I mean I was the one he supposedly raped so I should be able to make those charges go away." I babbled on about trying to help Juice in any way I can. Joshua pursed his lips tightly and shook his head again.

"I'm afraid you're not able to drop the charges because you were underage when the list of charges were made." Joshua just kept feeding me bad news. It was like getting slapped in the face over and over again. But I tried to keep my cool. My eyebrows narrowed back to their forced position.

"What other charges are there? When were they made and who made them?" I quizzically pestered him with my endless question asking. Joshua sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"In the summer of 2013 Mr Ortiz was charged with assault, breaking and entering, trespassing, statutory rape, and kidnapping. The person who pressed the charges was James Sullivan. And we have multiple accounts of Mr Ortiz and you engaging in sexual misconduct before your eighteenth birthday." How did I know it was my dad trying to ruin my life with this shit? I suppose I just had a feeling that he was too okay with me leaving with Juice in the dead of night. He didn't go around calling people to try and get me home; I had a gut feeling he'd do something like this. But not as extreme.

"What does that mean for Juice? How much time will he do?" I wanted to know how long he'll be gone because there are a couple offenses that'll put him away for a while and I need to know if Joshua can actually reduce Juice's sentence. Joshua looked back down at the open file on his OCD clean desk and frowned, shaking his head in disapproval. He sighed and looked back at me with his dull beady brown eyes that sat too close together on either side of his long and narrow nose.

"Mr Ortiz may serve 15-20 years for the statutory rape before being put on a sex offender registry. As for the other offenses against him, that'll put him away for at least 10-15 years all together. So all together Mr Ortiz is facing 25 to life." 25 to life? Did I just hear that correctly? I mean is Juice really facing a minimum of 25 years in prison?

I had to bat away the tears that stung at my eyes sadly while I dealed with the devastation of the impact that news had on me. I pulled myself together quickly and stared down Joshua with a blazing gaze.