Chapter 12: Hush Little Son Don't You Fret. Part II.

When Juice and I arrived at the edge of the woods where there was a creek running behind it, there were police cars surrounding the area. The entire club was rimming the side of the police tape. I swear my heart stopped when I saw a big black transport truck with white wording on the side Charming Coroner. Even with that sight I stilled didn't let out a tear as I ripped off the helmet and placed it on the seat after I nearly fell off the back of the bike. Juice followed a long side me as we approached the crime scene tape. Wayne greeted us with a grim look drawing his futures dully.

"What did they find?" I demanded harshly. Wayne looked at Juice and me sadly and sighed heavily.

"They found the remains of a little boy floating in the creek. The boy fits Percy's description." It felt like I just got hit by a train. I couldn't believe what I saw hearing.

"They need you two to identify some items they found at the creek-bed." Wayne added then guided us towards the brightly lit ambulance where there were evidence bags cluttering the floor. I felt Juice's hand snare around mine tightly when we both saw the backpack sitting there. A little black and lightning blue backpack was sitting there amongst bags. One bag had a muddy yellow SpongeBob tee shirt, one had a pair of soaked muddy jeans, another had a pair of red stained little boy's boxer briefs.

My lower lip began to tremble as I could see all of Percy's clothes sitting right in front of me, just like when I laid them out for him last night on the end of his bed. With teary eyes I jerked my eyes up to meet Juice's dark but red ringed eyes. My eyebrows furrowed sadly.

"Wayne, why are his clothes up here instead of on his body?" I asked even though I knew the answer to my own question.

"That's the way we found him." Wayne bluntly whimpered to me. I saw tears begin to stroll down his paled face.

"Why would this person undress him? What happened to my baby?" I questioned painfully.

"We don't know if it's him." Juice remained optimistic but the truth was staring him dead in the face.

"Why did this man do to my baby!?" I shrieked through the ridged pain. I threw myself away from the lights and hid in the dark. I knew I was being watched by the club. They all looked disheartened.

It wasn't until early the next morning that I felt the lingering effects of insomnia begin to weigh down on me. Wrapped in warmth I was still bathed in a cold that smothered my skin. It started raining late last night, after they pulled the body out of the creek. No one saw the body, no one who could identify him as Percy. Only family can do that.

The guys were utterly disgusted by the fact that this young boy was left without clothes in the cooling creek. I was escorted home by Wayne while Juice and the guys rode their bikes to the clubhouse for an unannounced meeting. When I got to the house Gemma and Tara were waiting for some kind of news; it wasn't me who brought it. I was left mute with grief and sorrow. Wayne told them about what's been happening. The moment those words came out of Wayne's mouth they both went deathly pale. Wayne left and I heard Gemma and Tara talking in the kitchen, their voices were low murmurs. Tara came out with Gemma lingering in the shadows; she said she'd take Daylon home with her and the boys. I didn't protest, I just sat on the couch and wrapped a blanket around me. Gemma made me some tea, she didn't know I knew that she put sleeping pills in it. I didn't drink any of it so it still sits on the table in front of me.

Throughout the night people came and went, but Juice didn't return home. He called though, Gemma picked up. He said he was going to do some work before he and the guys went to identify the body later that morning. He didn't want me there in case it was him.

Gemma came into the living room with two mugs of coffee, one in each hand. She sat down on the couch next to me and handed me a mug. I looked from the steaming mug to her bright but dully lit eyes.

"There really is no point in putting sleeping pills in coffee, now is there?" She made sense with that. Trusting her, I took the coffee from her and took a well needed sip.

"You know, you can come and talk to me about what's going on, I mean, Abel was kidnapped and my son Thomas was killed. I believe I know the emotions you're feeling right now." Gemma offered a helping hand. I didn't say anything, I sipped at the brim of the mug again. We both kept to ourselves and watched the unfolding reports on the news until a symphony of Harley motorcycles lined my drive way and the front street. I looked over t the clock that said 7:13 almost ten minutes ago, but now it said 10:37. Oh how time slips way when your thoughts are cashing their tails.

Juice led the pack into the house, Jax and Chibbs were directly behind him. Juice's face was pale and deathly clammy, his eyes were ringed with red and they were swollen. He hovered in the middle of the now silent room.

"It wasn't him." The words didn't come from Juice, but Jax. It was like a wave washed over me; it made me stumble back in the vast magnitude of impact. But as happy as I was, knowing that my little boy wasn't naked in that creek it leaves questions.

"How did his clothes get there then?" Gemma asked after probably reading my mind. Juice came over to me, squatting down in front of me. He put the mug on the table then took my hands in his.

"Unser says the police were led to the creek by an anonymous call from a prepaid cell. We're guessing whoever took Percy mistakenly stumbled upon the body after throwing the evidence." Juice told me calmly with a steady stare. "-But it wasn't Percy in the creek." My eyebrows furrowed with sadness.

"Whose little boy was it in the creek then?" I mumbled softly. Juice pursed his lips and restrained from telling me.

"Tommy Walker from Colorado. He's the third boy in Colorado to have been murdered like this. State officials are on their way." Jax announced because Juice couldn't.

"Which means we can't do a whole lot to help get Percy back." Chibbs added with a sad tone. My eyes panned over the sad and tired faces before landing back on Juice's.

"He's still out there, Juice. He's out there all alone. Our baby is all alone." I melted down into a puddle of exhausted emotions. Juice leaned in and embraced me into his arms lovingly. He stoked my hair and hushed me gently.

"You need to get some sleep, Gemma is going to stay here with us; then when I leave Chibbs will be here looking out for you two. Tara is going to be by with the boys later." Juice told me suddenly.

"You need to find him, Juice. You need to find our son." I whimpered softly into his collar. Juice didn't say anything. He kept me in his arms until I started fading out of this reality and into my own. I kept hearing Percy crying in my reality and knowing that Juice wouldn't be able to do anything about this sick fuck only made me mad. Hearing Percy crying out in fear and pain only boiled a rage deep within me until the point I woke up with my fingers tightly curled into fists. I sat up to see I had been transferred to our bed. The entire house was quiet although I could hear the low rumbles of men talking. I got up and made my way from the cramped bedroom, down the hall to the living room where Juice, Chibbs, Jax, Gemma, Tara, and the boys were eating some grub. Juice must've been hit with a sudden flash flood of worry when he saw me standing there, teeth ground together tightly, jaw locked, fists formed and a look at probably reminded him of a mother bear when he baby has been hurt. Everyone suddenly looked worried for either my safety or my sanity.

"I need you guys to find this guy so I can fucking kill him myself."