Chapter 7: American Boys.

Juice had to go to work the day after, so like every other day I've lived I got Percy up and got him ready for School since Juice was already gone. Percy was upset that daddy wasn't home when he woke up so he made life more difficult for me by trying to play the "my tummy is sore" card. I did what my dad did to me, if he still wasn't feeling well at lunch or recess he could call me and I'd come pick him up from School. It was obvious he wasn't sick, he just wanted to be home in case Juice came home early. Percy is a little jealous of all the attention Daylon is getting, mainly from Juice and me. I mean Daylon is barely 5 weeks old, Percy is going to be 7 in December.

After I sent Percy to School I got Daylon up, fed him, changed his diaper, and got him dressed. The little boy had a week's worth of crap in his diaper when I changed him, and he was still going. I went through 4 diapers in ten minutes. And he, like Percy, wasn't a happy camper; obviously not a morning person. He just wasn't happy until I put him on our bed by the small pile of Juice's clothes. Then he stopped crying. He just needed to smell his daddy.

Luckily I had showered and got dressed while Juice was getting ready so I didn't have to worry about being extremely quick in the shower. Another thing I enjoy about having someone else here to watch on the kids, I can take my time in the shower. I miss being able to do that, but I wouldn't trade either of my boys for it.

It was a nice late September day, warm and sunny so I kept to a light Jean jacket with a tank top, jeans and runners. I made sure Daylon was dressed for the weather in a blue and orange stripped sleeper with some khakis and his little baby booties. Jax and Tara gave us some old baby clothes they had from Thomas and Abel. I asked if they were going to have more kids, I never did get a reply but it's none of my business in the first place.

I strapped him into the car seat and we were off for the day, the sun was shining an intense orange glow from the treetops, the sky was clear, the birds were chirping, there was dew wetting the grass, and life was good. I used to take Percy window shopping with me before he started School full time. I miss doing this with him but I'm happy he's making friends and learning things.

When I stepped out the front door the morning air was cool but not chilly. There were sprinklers whisking away on the lawns of the neighbourhood. I set Daylon down at my feet and put the house key into the lock to lock the front door. I had the baby bag strapped over my shoulder along with my purse, the stroller was in the trunk of the SUV I used more often than Juice. He really likes his bike or the tow truck from TM. He rarely uses the SUV, it's more for me to use though.

I plucked Daylon up from by my feet and carried him to the car. I could hear neighbours leaving their houses, I could also hear them talking about me and my family. I could feel their judgemental stares. Everybody in Charming knows who the Sons of Anarchy are, they also know Juice is one of them, they also know (I don't know how) that I ran away with Juice when I was a teenager. In the suburbs me and my family are still the outcasts, no matter how many fundraisers we go to or how normal we try to portray ourselves. When Juice and I went to enter Percy in School the Principal was on edge because Juice is a Son. The teachers played hot potato with Percy because they thought he'd be a violent cursing monster but he's not. Juice and I don't swear around Percy, if we do its by mistake. We don't let him play violent video games or watch violent shows or movies, and my son is definitely not a monster.

I hadn't realized that I was standing at the car with the door open and Daylon still at hand. I was listening and waiting for something to happen. After another moment went by I sighed and buckled Daylon into the base of the car seat before piling the baby bag into the seat beside him. Daylon was out like a light, once again. I closed the backseat door only to be startled by the reflection of someone standing behind me. I spun around to see our next door neighbour, Henry standing behind me with a sourpuss expression puckering at his features. Henry was an older man who likes to wear his barbershop dress shirts with dark brown dress pants, suspenders strapping at his saggy skin and polished dress shoes. Today he wore a hat to shield his face from the morning sun.