Chapter 18: F*ck Up.

Chapter 18: Fuck Up.

Ironically Juice and my dad went to the same prison my mom was at. I suppose they're going to get the family reunion they've been asking for, for nearly 15 years. I've always refused to go see my mom since I was 10 years-old. I blame her for ruining my life, I blame her for bringing me into this fucked up world.

Juice and dad's court date was coming up and I got Juice the best lawyer I could find. It costed a couple G but if it gives me a better chance of getting Juice home I'll take it. I need him, he's my rock and I don't think I can live without him for the estimated 5-10 years. He'll miss out on so much in the boys' lives. He'll miss Percy hitting puberty and his first date, his first dance, his first girlfriend, everything. Juice will miss out on Daylon starting to walk and talk, and begin School. But that's if he gets the maximum sentence but nonetheless; he'll miss out on a lot that happens before their first decade. I need Juice home with us.

Percy came home that afternoon and Daylon came home from being babysat by Tara later that evening. Jax refused to leave my side, neither did Gemma. They said they didn't abandon blood in a time of crisis. Gemma slept in the bedroom with me while Jax took the couch. Tara stayed until the boys started getting sleepy then she left. Percy was so happy to be home, but he wasn't the same. He was quiet and isolated. He did things without me having to ask him. That worried me.

That night after I put Percy to bed I heard Jax in the living room on the phone. He requested that whatever was going to happen it was quick, then he saw me come in and hung up. There was a twisting sensation in the pit of my stomach that warned me loudly.

Today I was going to the prison. Jax said he'd bring Thomas and Abel over for Percy to play with. I'm used to juice not being home for long periods of time but this was different, I could feel it in my heart. This time it was different. I woke up to Gemma in the kitchen making breakfast for the boys. Jax had to go to the clubhouse because they had a meeting.

I had a little while before I left to go to the prison to visit my mom and Juice so while Thomas and Able played with Percy, I was cleaning up our bedroom. Juice never liked to keep his dresser drawers neat and tidy so clothes were shuffled and tangled. While mine were neat and organized.

I sighed and began to go through his drawers, pulling things out, folding them then putting them on top of the dresser where he had all of his niknaks and framed pictures. Juice's vest was sitting on the chair in the corner.

My stomach dropped when I pulled a pair of his jeans out of the drawer and heard something hard land on the bottom of the drawer with a 'thunk'. My eyebrows narrowed as I set the jeans down on top of the dresser. I peered into the shadowed drawer and saw a thick yellow-beige envelope along with a red velvet box sitting there blatantly. My heart began to race when I fished the box out of the drawer and opened it to see a silver band with a white diamond mounted proudly. My jaw dropped and I felt light headed. I knew he wanted to marry me but I didn't know he already bought the ring.

"Juice you love sick puppy, I'm not worth this ring." I mumbled to myself lowly.

I don't know why I shoved the box into my purse after I closed the box, I think there was a small glimmer of hope that he'd still want to ask me. Maybe this ring was the only thing that could keep him sane.

I swung on my leather jacket and proceeded out into the living room where Gemma was keeping an eye on the four boys. We didn't say anything, we just looked at each other with a saddened look. I kissed Percy and Daylon good bye then left, Percy and Abel waved at me from the window. I waved back with a forced smile as I backed out of the driveway. It was still warm outside but the air was cool. It was really nice for the end of October.