How to Fall in Love (45)

Copyright © 2015 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

          All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Piggy's Note:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, LOVELIES! How did you celebrate New Year's Eve? Did you enjoy watching the firework show? :)

Thank you so much for the support on the last chapter and the story in general! We got to #6 in Humor again, rad peeps. It's because of you! Thank you! YOU'RE MORE THAN AMAZING! YOU'RE RAD!

To the right or above is the hottie Lachowski and the song "Cross That Line" by Joshua Radin, suggested by @soullessxbrebre.

May 2015 be a brilliant year for us all! Whatever page we're on in the book 2015, we'll make it the best we've ever readbecause we can. Let's do it!

Your #Fia Captain,

Myka

P.S. My writing is so flawed and rutted and definitely not deserving of you guys, but I'm truy happy that you read HTFIL nonetheless, and that I sincerely hope you'll like this chapter. Without further ado, now! :)

❀❃❀❃❀

c h a p t e r  f o r t y - f i v e

[  h o w  t o  s h i n e  s o  b r i g h t l y  ]

          Fiendish flames and savage cackles—what fire consists of. It's a brutish element dedicated to obliterating thousands of inanimate objects and thriving lives, but when contained, can be a life-giving source, heat serving as hearth for the people.

Fire is dangerous, this I knew. But fire is the flaring colour in white wintry nights, the catalyst in cool expiries.

And in a moment of self-reflection, I finally acknowledged something.

Finn was fire. This, I'd figured out.

And I wanted to play with fire.

The thought of it was almost enough to make me continue staring at Finn, at his cyan ethers and grey mists, savouring this special side of him, but I pried away his finger on my chin, and looked down at my closed sandals just a couple inches away from his shoes, ignoring the flames in my cheeks.

Finn released a breathy chuckle, but it sounded wry to my ears. "I guess you don't, do you?"

I do.

"You never did, didn't you?"

I used to hate you, then Past Mia used to think she was smitten with you, then when I finally saw the small percent of you that shows you care that you so desperately hide for some infinitesimally interesting but vastly venomous reasons, I learnt to like you for who you are.