How to Fall in Love (6)

Copyright © 2013 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

          All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

❀❃❀❃❀

c h a p t e r  s i x

[  h o w  t o  k i d  m e  ]

            Hitting the sack without a pillow was probably the worst thing ever.

My body ached everywhere and I felt like I had some sort of stiff neck, and as if things couldn't get any worse, when I checked the digital clock on the wall, it was just seven in the morning.

I wanted to chase sleep again, but I knew it was an impossible feat. It was almost like a curse: once I woke up, it was over; I couldn't force myself to go back to sleep. So instead, I hoisted myself up and looked around the sauna, where I realized that the rest of them were all asleep, very much proving I was crazy.

But apparently, when I turned my head to my left, I wasn't the only crazy one. A couple of feet from me was a middle-aged lady, a newspaper spread out before her face. Her eyes were wide open already—unlike mine, which were still trying to convince my brain I needed to sleep again—but it so happens that my eyesight was rich enough to read the headline.

'Laurel-Tech, facing its very first crisis'

My eyes popped open.

Alarmed curiosity flashed inside my heart, making me spring up with zipped energy. In a flash, I was in front of the lady, asking, "Excuse me, may I borrow your newspaper for a minute?"

Her eyebrows furrowed like she couldn't fathom why in the world I wanted her newspaper—I mean, what else could be more random?—but then, albeit begrudgingly, she handed the newspaper to me, which I took without hesitation.

There, I saw it again.

Following the shut-down of the Laurel-Tech Corporation website is the loss of personal files of investments, which calls for a press conference by the CEO of aforementioned company.

In answer to the pressing questions of the media about what transpired to their website, Mr. Finn Laurel, CEO of Laurel-Tech, says, "There's been a bug, a deficient code, in the website system. We're trying our best to remove the bug."

"Will it be removed soon? What happened to the personal files of Laurel-Tech's investors?" queries Ms. Hannah Summers, representative of Last Chance Media.

Laurel provides a brief explanation of the ongoing crisis. "The bug in the company's website has been shipped off to our main system when the website was opened by one of our crew. Not long after, the personal files have disappeared from our system's folders."

Many investors have grown furious of this occurrence. Mr. Robert Richardson, number one investor in Laurel-Tech, claims to Last Chance, "If Mr. Laurel does not find my files by the end of tomorrow, I shall have my investment back."