How to Fall in Love (22)

Copyright © 2014 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

          All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Piggy's Note:

Hey, loves! \ (••) /

The response on the last chapter frightens me. What if I fail to deliver, what if you don't like this one? But also, it has made me persevere even more (quite forgetting my other priorities in fact) to write the next few chapters faster and better. (Despite, and despite the irony of, my writer's block atm.) Thank you so, so much for reading How to Fall in Love. It means the world to me, and always, always, you never fail to make me beam to myself like a true idiot. :)

Please let me know what you think as I'd love to hear from you!

To the right is the beautiful cover made by Artemis (@bohemian_). (Thank you! You're a babe.)

See you again soon?

Cookies x muffins x cupcakes

Myka \ (••) /

(unedited)

Recap:

The charismatic businessman, Finn Laurel, looked straight at the camera of LIVE, making it look like he was looking right at me. The camera spun a zoom, and in this close-up, I could see a cloud of grey orbs coalescing, imparting a bizarre, exotic glaze over his eyes.

"Denisse and I never had a relationship," he said, and there was a tone to his voice that suddenly made my heart pound a little bit harder. Little did I know that it had been a portent for something more colossal to come. "Because I... have a girlfriend. And her name," he stopped, and the world suspended in a half-moment where only the two of us seemed to exist, and that the layers between us never did. My heart skipped a beat, "is Mia Lockheart."

❀❃❀❃❀

c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - t w o

[  h o w  t o  t h a n k  s p o i l t  m i l k  ]

          I almost rolled my eyes. I never really get a break, do I?

I watched as the reporters whispered to themselves, eyebrows knotted in patent puzzlement at the unfamiliar, never-before-heard name. Some murmurs were haphazardly caught in microphones slathered against their faces as they drew back in bafflement, muffled statements like, Who is she? Lockheart... You know her? being exposed to the camera.

"So, when you crowd in front of my building next time and disrupt peace in an otherwise busy enough estate," Finn Laurel said, sounding as cocky as ever, "try and make sure it's actually about my company, all right?"